The Javelin MarTech team enables our clients to deliver remarkable customer experiences, producing remarkable business outcomes. Our marketing clients understand that Marketing Data and Technology are key enablers of customer centric, data driven approaches to customer experience and marketing innovation.
This team develops and maintains solutions for our clients including customer data platforms, campaign management, campaign execution, and marketing analytics. The agile project management of these development projects is critical to our client success and Javelin’s business development and growth plans
We're looking for a strong hands-on developer with experience leading dev projects and technical team members. Our ideal candidate is fluent in open-source code and can easily explain complex builds and projects to less technical stakeholders.
What you'll do: (Responsibilities)
- Lead a team responsible for developing, coding, testing and debugging new, highly complex software solutions and enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity
- Provide direction for entire project or a project team
- Serve as Product Owner for new and existing projects
- Has excellent understanding of complex marketing technology applications
- Work cohesively with the development team to understand problems with software and resolve them
- Resolve customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Assists in development of software technical documentation
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions
- Design and codes complex applications using advanced technology
- Design and builds prototype applications.
- Assist in development custom landing pages and microsites to pair with e-mail and traditional direct mail campaigns
- Assist in development of custom API integrations with marketing technologies
- Provide thought leadership and strategic problem solving for new and existing business challenges
- Support in team resource management
- Other duties as needed and assigned
What you've got: (Qualifications)
- 5+ years: developing web sites and applications (portfolio of samples sites would be awesome)
- Experience with Drupal or WordPress
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Proven experience with modern web standards
- Relational database experience such as writing select, insert, and update statements
- Great design sense and an excellent intuition for user interface design
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud hosting solution with experience designing and supporting development projects in Azure.
- .NET experience and/or willingness to be fluent within a year
- 3+ years of lead or supervisor experience
- Proven ability to lead a team and overseeing work product and client deliverables
- Ability to multi-task several projects simultaneously
- Experience managing workload across the team and delegating projects based on team member experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized nature
- Strong track-record of meeting deadlines
- Affinity for thinking creatively to solve challenges
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.