People swim in a sea of content and channels as tactical selection explodes and a POV on the contemporary channel mix has become crucial. Javelin’s looking for a Communications Planner to use research, analytics and intuition to help us take the customer journey further -to where life happens. Experience planning is a new strategy discipline at Javelin that will exist at the center of a larger game. You will work with clients, creatives, strategists, analysts and partner agencies to deliver campaigns and platforms that connect with time, place and culture to break through and achieve business outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Lead development of cross-journey, cross-channel communication plans that specify which channels to use to effectively reach the target audience
- Own and facilitate the design, research and development of customer journey frameworks and experience maps that use behavior change and analytic insights to move a customer down a path
- Drive cross-journey, cross-channel thinking on which marketing channels to use to effectively reach the client’s unique audiences
- Develop innovative social media campaigns supporting SEO initiatives and content creation
- Organize, concept, and develop culturally relevant connections ideas that live in the most relevant media environments
- Map cultural and market trends, as well as research and analyze marketplace and media data
- Use 3rd party research tools like MRI / Simmons and client datasets to define and segment audiences, find key audience and media channel insights.
- Take high-level communications tasks and identify how the brand should behave in different cultural spaces
- Develop POVs on media, channels and platforms, and marketing
What you're like:
- Collaborative self-starter
- Bias for both strategy and execution; equally adept doing and thinking.
- Intellectually curious and hungry for complex problems, able to express yourself with logic and creativity.
- Eager to learn, sometimes while doing
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite, Keynote a plus
- Experience in telecommunication, technology or internet service provider verticals beneficial
What you've got:
- 5-8 years of relevant agency experience
- Experience with strategic frameworks for communications planning
- Solid understanding of owned and paid channels, including social, search, programmatic, partnerships, SEO and traditional channels
- Solid understanding of key data sources used in Comms Planning
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.