Senior Copy Editor/ Content Writer
Arguably one of the most important roles in the agency, the senior copy editor / content writer represents one of the last lines of quality control before work is released. This role will edit and proofread materials for brand voice, tone, readability, accuracy, clarity, and consistency of content / format. It includes correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The senior copy editor will work with a core editorial team that delegates and oversees writing and editing assignments with consideration of tight deadlines and scheduling / calendaring.
This role requires a candidate with B2B experience who can partner with subject matter experts, art directors, strategists, and project management team members to write and edit compelling, effective communications (white papers, blog articles, email campaigns, newsletters, product briefs, digital banners, landing pages, among others). Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of relevant experience. You will be working directly with clients in the high-tech industry and must be able to take technical content and write / edit so that it is readable and easy to understand for multiple audiences.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A true editorial mindset: follows industry-related news and trending topics. Looks for opportunities for new content and uplevels existing content. Understands what works.
- Exceptional standards for quality, precise proofreading skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to give constructive feedback to writers
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook and willingness to follow company brand guidelines and editorial style guide
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and produce the highest quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, positive attitude, and experience working with executive-level clients
What you’ll do:
- Make sure content is “on brand” and adheres to corporate editorial guidelines and style guide
- Write and edit to appropriate audiences (enterprise, small business, public sector) according to medium (e.g. white paper vs. digital banner copy vs. email)
- Research and coordinate content ideas to share with content team
- Work with SEO team to incorporate key search terms into content with focus on web traffic and engagement / performance
- Help identify gaps or redundancies in content and recommend new topics
- Review and update published content as needed
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, or Journalism (or relevant field) preferred
- 8+ years’ editing / writing in an advertising or public relations agency, marketing firm, in-house communications team, or in a freelance capacity
- Writing/editing experience with telecom or tech industry a strong plus
- Rock-solid writing and editing skills in English
- A portfolio of any mix of published articles, white papers, advertising campaigns and digital work including email, website, and social campaigns. Can also share video, broadcast, and print samples.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and voice-and-collaboration platforms