An Account Director at Javelin Agency serves as an agency leader for achieving the client’s business objectives by collaborating with the client and focusing on all facets of strategic growth. They establish and drive internal teams to provoke thought leadership and value as we exceed client expectations against goals, objectives and overall strategic direction. This position will be based in Nashville, TN.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with senior automotive clients to understand their business landscape, develop strategies to meet their key objectives and activate the agency team to deliver
- Shift work up from the project level to business level needs and objectives, engages clients and manages a team
- Lead cross-functional agency team to provide thought leadership in the development, execution, measurement and presentation of multi-platform strategies in alignment with client-determined objectives across both digital and traditional landscapes
- Partner directly with the analytics, strategy, creative and technology teams to ensure measurable progress toward client goals
- Work with cross-functional partners to create agile solutions to non-standard projects and timelines
- Mine new, organic business opportunities with existing clients, by building relationships across the client’s organization, and with key industry partners
- Develop, coach and empower supervisors to foster a culture of growth and development with the team
- Demonstrate a collaborative and co-creative mindset that engages teams to work together on common goals and inspire each other to achieve great work
- Take ownership and demonstrates initiative in all areas of improving the management and growth of all partnerships
- Exhibit enthusiasm for clients’ business and industry; maintains leading edge of knowledge of clients’ business and industry
- Responsible for all areas of client delivery and overall relationship health; financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, as applicable, client management or escalation of billing issues, as needed
What you bring:
- Passionate about building connections between brands and people, understands the value of an idea, makes an effort to hone their good creative instincts
- Leads business building conversations with key client partners
- Builds trust internally and with clients through proactive business leadership, anticipates the need, prepared in the face of different challenges and opportunities
- Possesses excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Guides client business without overextending or risking agency resources
- Keeps clients and team members focused on the future, not just today and certainly not the past
- Understands what it takes to drive organic growth and seeks out opportunity by over-delivering unexpected value to the client, not simply executing or selling
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus
- Six to 10-plus years of experience, which includes agency or senior client-side marketing experience
- Extensive experience with direct mail, email, digital and omnichannel marketing - CRM or loyalty focus is a plus.
- Ability to provide clear, persuasive briefings to creative teams and remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process
- Deep knowledge and experience with multichannel marketing
- Excellent writing, presentation development and delivery skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Very comfortable working in an integrated agency environment
- Experience managing and growing employees and teams
- Financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed
- Ability to concurrently lead and grow multiple clients
- Automotive experience is required
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.