The Director of Operations is a strategic, results-oriented, innovative leader who is responsible for the operational direction of key agency initiatives as assigned by the CEO.
As a member of the agency team, you will manage and oversee key initiatives, related to the efficiency and optimization of agency workflow to support greater levels of team collaboration, innovation, operational scale, speed to market, client satisfaction and margin improvements. In partnership with the Sr. Director of Project Mgmt., you will help shape and drive initiatives that improve agency delivery.
Additionally, the Director of Operations regularly evaluates organizational efficiency and makes recommendations to maximize staff productivity according to client scopes. A Director of Operations assesses the on-going needs of the agency and finds new and innovative ways to solve operational and challenges to enable daily operations to run as smoothly and as efficiently as possible.
The Director of Operations is an experienced and well rounded “hands-on” leader with a focus on driving operational performance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with functional team leaders and Sr. Director, Program Management to drive optimal solutions, while problem solving and managing newly identified operational needs and gaps. Serve as an effective business partner working in conjunction with peers to achieve mutual goals.
- Oversee the development and rollout of client delivery improvement programs, including planning, workflow, optimization of end-to-end processes leveraging current and future platform technology. Serve as trusted advisor to clients – helping to solve client issues, delivery conflicts, and provide best-practice solutions.
- Drive operational strategy to deliver ingenuity on behalf of client efforts.
- Lead operational workstream efforts to ensure consistency and best-in-class delivery operations to support change management and associated governance models. Support efforts to ensure standardized processes are implemented across all disciplines, per business strategy and operational guidelines.
- Engage in process improvement initiatives as determined and assigned.
- Work with discipline leads to solve complex delivery challenges to enhance project lifecycle cycle outcomes.
- Conduct meetings with client, agency stakeholders and external partners.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of new agency capabilities and solutions. Observes organizational policies concerning agency output, in accordance with agency procedures.
- Interact professionally and as a team player with all levels of the organization and with clients.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Be an active member of the community and be able to act as a role model within the company.
Efficiency, Optimization and Scale:
- Partner with Sr. Director, Program Mgmt. and functional/departmental leads to develop program efficiencies and optimization strategies to increase speed to market, costs, agency quality and effectiveness. Drive agility and adaptation as work is phased, reassessed, deployed and improved.
- Partner with client engagement as well as many internal and external stakeholders, to support enhanced client solutions through identification of incremental advantages in staffing, processes, platforms, external partners, pricing, pace and performance.
Client Growth and Margin
- Support client engagement for client growth plans by developing efficiency and optimization strategies, development of organic growth plans and participating in quarterly and annual planning processes.
- Manage and optimize project margin by partnering with Finance and using Workfront reporting to monitor project risks, burn rates, alternate project pathing.
- Support new client onboarding and planning.
Required: 10+ years relevant marketing/advertising/digital experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus Expertise managing complex client projects and programs requiring strong leadership to align multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven success in building, developing and leading great teams
- Well-versed in all aspects of customer experience and journey management with a strong understanding of client internal process including stage gates in legal review requirements
- Direct experience in developing and implementing processes, workflows and tracking tools such as Workfront, JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.