It's true, we're looking for a Copywriter. But we also need a conceptual thinker, a relentless problem solver, and a creative collaborator who can help make a good thing great just by adding a handful of words. We'd also like all these magical traits to exist in one person. Sound like someone you know? Great.
So if you can take feedback in stride, pinpoint strategic reasoning to justify why your seemingly bonkers concept actually makes perfect sense, and you're ready to have, and take opportunities that will put your future in your own hands, apply below.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with your art director and CD to make cool stuff look and sound good.
- Make sure your copy fits, or even better, pushes the brand.
- Figure out who we’re talking to and how to make them care.
- Create conceptual and smart work based on strategy’s golden nuggets of insight. They wrote that.
- Juggle multiple projects, probably not literally, but certainly figuratively.
- Present your work to clients, executives and internal teams. And continue to get better at it.
- Know what the client wants to do, be way smart about how to get there, and even smarter about describing it.
- Participate in vital hypothetical discussions such as ‘would kangaroos make good power forwards?
- Work on all kinds of projects, big and small, and knock them all out of the park.
What you should have:
- 2 years of agency copywriting experience.
- Strong portfolio of digital work including email, website, and social campaigns.
- An almost unhealthy passion for this weird business.
- Obsessive desire to make everything you do better than the last thing you did.
- An understanding of email, digital, social and direct channels, and how to make a concept shine across all of them.
- Four-year degree in English, Marketing, Advertising...or like Farrier Science.
- Bonus points for Entertainment or Financial Services account work!
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.