The Studio Production Artist is essential to Javelin’s success. The ideal candidate — you — are a digital and print rock star who strives to find perfection in every design. As a problem-solver with an eye for design, you have the talent to take a master creative composition and lay it out into various sizes and formats while keeping the original intent of the creative intact. On a typical day in our fast-paced environment, you’ll effortlessly handle multiple projects: developing digital files and print mechanicals, as well as partnering with the creative team to edit layouts, including manipulating images and ensuring layouts are formatted technically and correctly for all media.
What you’ll do:
- Work with art directors and developers on digital projects and build vendor-ready digital files (e.g., emails, banner ads, websites, etc.)
- Build print-ready mechanicals for a wide variety of mediums (e.g., direct mail, collateral, magazine, specialty print items, )
- Simple ground-up design
- Conduct preflight and technical integrity check on all digital and print files originating from studio, including final review of file specs prior to release
- Work on new business pitches and client presentations
- Mount layouts on boards or create comps, as needed
- Our studio team supports the agency across all locations, so you may have the opportunity to work an alternate schedule in order to accommodate other time zones
What you've got:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in agency, graphics production and/or related field
- Quickly grasp project parameters, brand standards, legal mandates and schematics, and new technologies
- Knowledge of design and production software and processes:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat) and Keynote
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Mac savvy
- Font management software
- FTP client software
- Box (content management) and Workfront (workflow management tool) is a plus
- Understanding of:
- Image formats, file compression and optimization techniques for online and mobile interactive use
- A wide array of mediums including multidisciplinary experience (e.g., digital, print, GIFs, etc.)
- Page and screen layout, typography and interaction; proficient in photo editing, color correction and image manipulation
- Digital asset management and a passion for organized file structure
- RGB and CMYK workspaces
- Responsive and efficient; ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Accurate to specifications, true to deadlines and resilient in the face of ever-changing demands
- A portfolio that showcases your digital and print design chops
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.