Reporting to the EVP - Business Development & Strategic Alliances, and working closely with leaders across the agency, the Senior Content Strategist will be responsible for leading and developing content, developing relationships and implementing strategy for New Business inatitives both internally and externally. Our ideal candidate will be a triple threat – writer, strategist, digital producer – who thrives on creating content that captures and communicates our story to a variety of audiences.
The person best-suited for this role is a self-starter, a persistent and gifted storyteller – someone who has experience with brand building, well-versed in strategy and tactical execution.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute an integrated marketing communications plan supporting Javelin’s digital ecosystem and business objectives, including:
- Serve as lead writer and content strategist for internal and external communications
- Lead projects from concept to completion including partnership with tech teams for development through to deployment
- Manage Javelin social media channels and website
- Lead the development and production of case studies
- Partner with execs and colleagues to craft and submit agency award submissions
- Drive the design and production of marketing assets (imagery, post assets, email/newsletter templates etc.)
- Manage Javelin press activities, including:
- PR, media and consultant relationships
- Support Javelin’s relationship with key associations (DMA, 4As, Ad Week, etc.)
- Development and ownership of a periodic consultant newsletter
- Publish periodic digital dashboard to track progress across Javelin’s digital ecosystem and own communication to keep various stakeholders apprised
- Coordinate with peers at our sister agencies to identify and secure event participation and speaking engagements
- On-site support at key events and initiatives
- Manage external content development partners
What you’ll own:
- 75% of time spent in content development, production, brand building
- 25% of time spent in driving network and industry connectivity, relationships and participation
What you’ll deliver:
- Overall Javelin brand awareness in the U.S.
- Development of new website to support lead generation
- Ownership of actionable content development plan and 6-8 new content pieces per month
- Increased engagement (opens/clicks/shares) with internal communications and social posts
- Cases that support business development effort
- Award submissions contributing to wins for the agency
What you’ll bring with you:
- Minimum five years’ experience in writing/content creation, ideally in marketing agency or in-house client role
- Established track record of successfully managing positive corporate reputation for agencies or professional service firms, including press relations
- Proven ability in managing a complex and integrated digital ecosystem; web site, intranet, email marketing, executive communications, social media, SEO/SEM, digital analytics and community management
- Bias for collaboration and the ability to easily unite a large cross-section of individuals from different backgrounds, skills and perspectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage collaborators regarding thought leadership, project deliverables, progress and solutions
- Success working with company leadership and other senior level executives
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.