As a Director on our Marketing Analytics team, you’ll be the lead architect and visionary for one of the agency’s largest accounts. You’ll also be a voice for Javelin and within the industry, a highly visible advocate who speaks confidently and credibly, both externally and internally.
In our data-driven world, you’ll help create innovative approaches to customer data and analytics. You’ve seen more patterns, have a rich capacity for convincing a client to act, and a finely tuned ability to integrate disparate ideas by linking the data to desired outcomes.
We’re looking for a mature mix of skills: data science, marketing, research, communication, insight, presentation and leadership.
This position is based in Dallas, TX and will onsite with local clients 2-3 days per week.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and help deliver the marketing performance reporting platform for one of the agency’s largest accounts.
- Interact daily with Javelin Analytics and tech teams.
- Drive the use of data to create a strategic analytics framework for cultivating and producing insights that build our clients’ brands by identifying and maximizing key customer experience touch points and measuring ROI to prove it.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards.
- Serve as day-to-day analytics partner to the clients, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels.
- Oversee the analytics strategy and reporting on multi-media marketing campaigns — from planning to development to execution to evaluation — through dashboard development and tracking/measuring deliverables.
- Counsel clients on business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities.
- Perform data analysis, effectively summarizing findings and sharing actionable applications with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social platforms, trends and measurement approaches with an enthusiastic pursuit of continuous learning.
- Oversee the development of metrics, dashboard reports and campaign test design.
- Apply innovative data analytics methodologies to drive customer insights for our clients’ brands.
- Engage and take a lead in business development efforts.
What you’ve got:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with deep understanding of digital media, technologies and trends.
- Inquisitive nature and desire to develop compelling insights that drive integrated marketing analytics across the customer journey.
- Proven ability to develop trusted client partnerships.
- Confidence, leadership and the ability to lead a direct and matrixed support team in a different location.
- Prior success working onsite within client organization partnering with all levels of client leadership
- Ability to anticipate needs that the client may not yet recognize and ensure that approaches and creative solutions are linked to client objectives with supportive data.
- Savviness to know how to build and influence relationships that demonstrate an understanding of client business and build confidence in Javelin’s expertise.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to personally prepare client-ready deliverables and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate compelling insights from qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Successful track record of working independently and autonomously while being a valued partner with strong relationships.
- Innate curiosity that drives you to pursue and bring to life new ideas and solutions in partnership with your teammates.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain poised, positive and productive in high-pressure situations.
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead, develop and add to the agency’s marketing expertise and relevance.
- Action-oriented with a strong sense of accountability.
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills.
What you’ve done:
- 7-10 years’ work experience in marketing analytics, including 5+ years specifically in customer/CRM analytics (marketing agency experience highly preferred).
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA.
- Managed, mentored and cultivating a growing team.
- Developed strong background in statistics, with working knowledge of experimental and test design.
- Possess strong experience in managing data and data mining.
- Success developing overall engagement strategy and working with various SMEs, discipline leads and teams to execute plans.
- Excellent knowledge of desktop applications and software used for data analysis, manipulation and visualization:
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Advanced SQL Tableau (preferred)
- In-depth understanding of analytics, database and technology platforms, and media channels.
- Experiential knowledge of multi-/cross-channel and digital marketing techniques for:
- Testing and evaluation of campaign elements
- Tracking and measurement of campaign metrics
- Analysis and reporting of campaign metrics
- Strong understanding of advertising/marketing business objectives and dynamics.
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.