We’re looking for a Content Strategist with strong knowledge of the B2B decision journey, experience developing corresponding content plans, and overseeing how those plans are carried out in an executive-level event. Our ideal candidate has the unique understanding of what it takes to execute and write strategic communications such as abstracts, presentations and outlines, talk-tracks for speakers, and website content. The Content Strategist will take various pieces of established content and craft a unified message in support of B2B content initiatives, while working closely with a project manager and alongside client lead. Most importantly, the Content Strategist must be flexible and have the ability to create and adapt plans with efficiency and patience.
What you'll do:
- Develop a plan for content & oversee execution by partnering with SME’s or other assigned content producers/owners
- Interact with various client-side project teams to understand business objectives and audience
- Support in developing content strategy for various outputs (including event messaging)
- Set guidelines for tone, style, and content of writing and communications in order to maintain unified messaging for B2B products
- Create specifications and appropriate content for designated customer segment / product line
- Strategize to ensure content is consistent and compelling across delivery streams.
- Provide status on content as requested by Directors and other leaders in client business organization
- Outline content and work with a graphic designer to discuss visual elements to compliment written content
- Copywriting and Editorial – Author required content and ensure best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, style while maintaining consistent tone and brand guidelines (from copywriter requirements)
- Special Projects: Define process, build, and organize messaging library and other projects as designated by client content lead
- Support content initiatives for large annual event:
- Event Content
- Develop a wide variety of content including Abstracts, Presentations and Outlines, Talk-Tracks for Speakers
- Partner with designers to deliver visual elements for presentations
- Speaker Support
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for session Speakers
- Facilitate meetings with session participants, collection of bios, photos, email and physical addresses, logistics emails as needed
- Event Video
- Review video content and advise on editing down to specified run-time, provide storytelling statements to accompany chosen frames
- Identify videos to use on the event website, edit timed sessions to be posted on the website (post-event)
- Develop real-life stories to bring client products and services to life
- Work with external vendor to provide visual elements for each story
- Event Content
What you've got:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop positive, professional relationships with a diverse group of employees, including executive leadership
- Ability to work well with others to determine the organization’s and individual departments' needs
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders and client leadership
- Ability and willingness to inspire teamwork
- Willingness and desire to be on-site with the client
- Must have excellent digital savvy and ability to work in a variety of relevant computer programs, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform work under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects, adjust work accordingly, often against tight and changing deadlines
- A personality that is energized by the challenge of creating quality content for a world-class event
What you've done:
- Proven strategic and content development experience (preferably with projects that contain B2B products)
- 3+ years’ B2B specific experience in content strategy
- 3+ years' managing complex, fast paced content projects
- Prior success engaging the C-suite and Marketing executives
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other related fields
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.