You’ll be a strategic business leader at Javelin Agency and support the agency’s largest account where you’ll be a trusted client and agency partner driving marketing and business analytics. You’ll work with a variety of executive-level clients, agency partners and colleagues to develop and deliver marketing science, analytics and technology solutions for a highly strategic line of business for a Fortune 50 client. At Javelin, we use data to craft unique and personalized engagements that deepen customer affinity with our client’s brand and drive business performance.
In this role, we’re looking for a mature mix of skills: data science, CRM analytics, client relationship development, strategic business-driving insights and leadership.
You will partner with Client Service, Strategy, Marketing Technology, Project Management and Creative leads to design innovative CXRM approaches that leverage customer data to create individualized and valued customer experiences.
Your business expertise and technical toolkit is deep and extensive, which will enable you to conduct customer journey workshops, lead independent analytics projects, help shape agency intellectual property, and write provocative blogs and POVs for both clients and for the agency.
What you’ll do (responsibilities):
- Advise, guide and partner with clients and agency colleagues on analytics strategies, initiatives and tools that will drive business results that deliver on the clients’ goals
- Architect, sell and help deliver business-driving analytics platforms, dashboards, roadmaps and programs
- Serve as day-to-day analytics partner to senior level clients, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards
- Counsel clients on business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities
- Oversee the analytics strategy and reporting on complex CXRM and digital engagement programs — from planning to development to execution to evaluation — through dashboard development and tracking/measuring deliverables
- Lead the development of advanced analytics solutions, metrics, dashboard reports and campaign test design
- Drive the use of data to create a strategic analytics framework for cultivating and producing insights that build our clients’ brands by identifying and maximizing key customer experience touch points and measuring ROI to prove it
- Perform data analysis, effectively summarizing findings and sharing actionable applications with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social platforms, trends and measurement approaches with an enthusiastic pursuit of continuous learning
- Apply innovative data analytics methodologies to drive customer insights for our clients’ brands
- Collaborate extensively with the creative, technology, analytics and account management teams and more, to add value to all client relationships
- Provide industry thought leadership on telecommunications marketing as an author and a speaker — within our industry, for our senior-level clients and for the agency
- Engage and take a lead in business development efforts
- Travel anticipated: 10%, sometimes with short notice
What you’ve got (desired attributes):
- Strong working knowledge of CRM (digital and offline), modeling and lifetime-value concepts
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with deep understanding of digital media, technologies and trends
- Strong knowledge of media mix and attribution solutions
- Knowledge of digital marketing tech systems
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain poised, positive and productive in high-pressure situations
- Ability to anticipate needs that the client may not yet recognize and ensure that approaches and creative solutions are linked to client objectives with supportive data
- Inquisitive nature and desire to develop compelling insights that drive integrated marketing analytics across the customer journey
- Savviness in how to build and influence relationships that demonstrate an understanding of client business and build confidence in Javelin’s expertise
- Excellent writing skills and ability to personally prepare client-ready deliverables and presentations
- Effective communication; ability to craft compelling insights from qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Successful track record of working independently and autonomously while being a valued partner with strong relationships
- Proven ability to develop trusted executive-level client partnerships
- Action-oriented with a strong sense of accountability
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills
What you’ll bring (qualifications):
- 10+ years work experience in marketing analytics
- 5-7+ years specifically in CRM analytics (agency experience highly preferred)
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA (highly preferred)
- Advised and guided internal and external clients on analytics strategies and programs from ideation through implementation
- Experiential knowledge of multi-/cross-channel and digital marketing techniques for:
- Testing and evaluation of campaign elements
- Tracking and measurement of campaign metrics
- Analysis and reporting of campaign metrics
- Excellent knowledge of desktop applications and software used for data analysis, manipulation and visualization, including:
- Advanced SAS and SQL
- MS Office: Excel and PowerPoint
- In-depth understanding of analytics, database and technology platforms, and media channels
- Possess strong background in statistics, and working knowledge of experimental and test design
- Hands-on experience in managing data and data mining
- Applied experience with a strong understanding of advertising/marketing business objectives and dynamics
- Experience developing overall engagement strategy and working with various SMEs, discipline leads and teams to execute plans
- Prior success in collaborating with colleagues and staff across multiple geographies
What we're like:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We’re in this together.