Want to revolutionize Content Creation with AI?
Launched in February 2021, Jasper is an AI content platform that helps creators and companies of all types expand their creative potential. Over 105,000 active customers are using Jasper to break through writer’s block, repackage their content, create original art, and adjust writing for language and tone. The interest in AI continues to grow and we are at the forefront of teaching the world how to leverage artificial intelligence as a creative partner. We are building teams that will pioneer the content generations space even further.
About the role
As a Staff ML Engineer at Jasper your scope of responsibility may include hands-on contribution, architecture and designing highly-robust systems. This is a highly-visible role in Jasper with interaction across all levels of the leadership team (Head of Data & AI and Principal & Staff ML leaders). You will help build the state of the art ML infrastructure that performs automated data retrieval, feature extraction, model training and deployment at scale. You will evaluate the latest ML technologies and come up with proposals to evolve our ML infrastructure. You will work the other ML engineers to produce high quality code through rigorous unit tests, code reviews, and documentation. You will execute on projects that span across multiple areas of the product.
Our target market is composed of content creators and marketing leaders at growing companies. We help companies leverage artificial intelligence to accelerate content production and unlock their best ideas. We see AI as a partner to content marketers that can help them break through writer’s block, create fine-tuned imagery, and repackage content for different formats, languages and tones.
The role is open to candidates located in the US and can be remote within the United States. We have offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT with employees based across the US and Australia. We've built a strong foundation to support remote employee engagement with other teams. We have a mix of experience levels and backgrounds, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing, mentoring and career growth.
What you will do at Jasper:
- Design and build the state of the art ML pipeline to retrieve/preprocess data, extract features, train and deploy models at scale.
- Design and develop CI/CD pipeline to train and deploy models to staging and production environments.
- Design and build the monitoring platform for our models to monitor, evaluate, and retrain if a deviation from stated accuracy goal is observed.
- Drive the technical roadmap and evolve our ML infrastructure.
- Own and lead the development of various modules in the ML pipeline.
What you will bring to Jasper:
- 7+ years of experience developing mission critical applications using Java or Python or similar object-oriented languages.
- 2+ years of experience building ML and Data pipeline architectures.
- 2+ years of background in AI, NLP, and Machine Learning.
- Strong knowledge of ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience delivering successful software projects from concept to production.
- Strong experience in data structures and algorithms.
At Jasper, we believe in pay transparency and are committed to providing our employees and candidates with access to information about our compensation practices. The expected base salary range at offer for this role is $197,000- $226,000. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, competencies and certifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage that start on day 1 for our Employees and Families (Jasper.ai covers 100% of the premium for employees)
- 401(k) program with company matching
- Monthly Wellness reimbursement and flexible time-off to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Generous budget for home office set up
- Learning and Development opportunity, plus individual budget
- Paid parental leave
- Travel Perk Program
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. We are committed to celebrating and supporting our differences and that diversity is essential to innovation and makes us better able to serve our customers. We hire people of all levels and backgrounds who are excited to learn and develop their skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.