Who We Are
Jasper Health is a fast-paced company with a noble mission to support people affected by cancer from prevention through treatment, remission and beyond. The company leverages a unique platform that seamlessly blends digital solutions together with human-led coaching to create an experience for members that is both effective and scalable. The company officially launched in 2021 and was funded in 2022 by General Catalyst, 7wire Ventures, Human Capital, Redesign Health and others. Jasper Health has partnerships with Walgreens, world-renowned cancer center Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Evernorth Digital Formulary for Cigna.
Jasper Health’s product team builds world-class solutions to help people affected by cancer navigate their care. Our patient-first approach is guided by empathy and data, to create meaningful and valuable products to improve navigation, mental health, community and SDOH needs of those affected by cancer. We are humbled to provide services that our members truly deserve.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with Jasper’s product, marketing, and engagement teams to provide visibility into Jasper’s data. You’ll work closely to setup and configure data pipelines while using DBT to transform data before ultimately visualizing that data for internal and external Jasper dashboards. The ideal candidate will be just as comfortable in data pipelines as they are in data visualization and is capable of owning data requests end-to-end. Individual must also be extremely detail oriented while being able to iterate quickly as the business continues to ask questions and seek answers from its data.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure data is ingested, modeled, and transformed so that dashboards and data solutions can be created to support strategic initiatives
- Work closely with other engineers, analysts, product managers, and marketing specialists to identify data needs across the organization
- Create data pipelines, data transformations, and data visualizations for Jasper’s product, marketing, and leadership departments
- Refine and optimize data visualizations/dashboards for Jasper’s executive team and department leaders
- Lead and guide the architecture of Jasper’s data capabilities include existing and future data lakes, data marts, and data warehouses
- Provide guidance related to Jasper’s data infrastructure, data pipelines, and data models
- Explore creative ways to drive business value from existing data sets
- Appropriately document and catalog Jasper’s data assets
- Provide transparency and visibility of Jasper’s data models, visualizations, and other data assets across the organization
- Work diligently to debug and remediate any issues related to data quality, data visualizations, or any other data issues that may arise
- Ensure appropriate test coverage across data sets
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 5+ years of professional data engineering experience
- 5+ Experience with SQL, Data Warehouses (such as BigQuery, RedShift, or Snowflake), BI platforms (such as Looker, PowerBI, or Tableau), and ETL tools and methodologies
- 3+ years programming experience in Python or similar scripting languages
- 3+ years of experience working in cloud environments
- 1+ years experience working with DBT
- Experience with data streaming such as GCP’s Pub/Sub, Kafka, or equivalent
- Experience with data orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, or equivalent
- Experiencing leading data architecture and creating data models with an attention to detail
- A desire to recommend, implement and lead exceptional software engineering processes, and familiarity with common engineering process tools like Jira and Github
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, a startup environment, and/or on a consumer product are a huge plus.
- Experience working with DBT
- Extensive experience with Looker
- Extensive experience with GCP BigQuery and other GCP technologies
- Experience with Prefect
- Experience collaborating closely with other disciplines including product, marketing, and clinical teams.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more…
The cash compensation band for this role is $110,000-$150,000
Conditions of Employment
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check as a condition of employment
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Jasper Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.