Jane Technologies is looking for an experienced Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) who will own and lead the FP&A efforts at Jane. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of FP&A will work closely with senior management to increase a company’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long-term financial plan.
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry’s first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry’s largest marketplace. In addition to our marketplace, we provide online menus and end-to-end checkout flows to dispensaries by integrating directly with their POS systems and leveraging real-time data to connect dispensaries and consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane’s success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan
- Work with Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilizing BI tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance and results
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost center results
- Review revenue metrics and analyze customer trends
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modeling, forecasts and profitability
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong math, typing, and computer skills, especially with bookkeeping software, Excel, and Google Sheets/Docs
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce or any other ERP/CRM systems
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.