Jane is building the future of eCommerce.
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry’s first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry’s largest marketplace. In addition to our marketplace, we provide online menus and end-to-end checkout flows to dispensaries by integrating directly with their POS systems and leveraging real-time data to connect dispensaries and consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Design at Jane
Delivering great user experiences is a core value at Jane. Whether it’s designing an in-store menu or an admin dashboard, the design team is involved in every step. We’re responsible for creating a holistic experience that’s true to the Jane brand and ethos. From the moment a user first loads Jane’s homepage to a power-user’s 100th order, Jane’s brand manifests in every interaction.
You’ll be part of a smart and supportive team as you help us evolve the next generation of the product. As a startup, we prioritize delightful user experiences and launch quickly and often.
As a Product Visual Designer, you’ll intuitively create clean, simple, yet delightful experiences, while maintaining a comprehensive design system to support them. You enjoy incorporating user research at every stage of design, from early idea concepts to detailed interaction designs. You are self-motivated, question the status quo and collaborate to get stuff done. You have strong communication skills, able to articulate your ideas and opinions as well as able to listen and understand questions and problems.
- Gather input from users and wouldn’t consider making decisions without it
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and can clearly articulate your design decision
- Work with new visual directions - including color theory and typography - and ensure they’re carried out consistently
- Design without fear of failure and iterate quickly
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, engineers, and company leaders
- 5+ years of experience in UX design
- A strong portfolio showing excellence in visual design, interaction design, typography, and information hierarchy, with an emphasis on clean yet delightful UIs
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system
- Superb visual and interaction design skills; but you’re also comfortable talking about systems and strategies
- A strong understanding of design thinking and product thinking framework
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions
- Experience designing for consumer-facing products across different devices
- Proficient in visual design applications, e.g., Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well in interaction design applications, e.g., Axure, Flinto, InVision, and Figma.
- Experience participating in user experience research and usability studies.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Beautiful office space within walking distance to the surf break at Pleasure Point in Santa Cruz
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
How To Apply:
- Your resume (PDF or Markdown/text preferred)
- Links to some of your work (if possible) - (Portfolio or similar preferred)
- (Optional) An example of something that inspires you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.