Jane Technologies - Technical Lead
Jane Technologies is looking for a Technical Lead to join our growing engineering team. As the Technical Lead you will guide the success of the engineering and delivery activities throughout the lifecycle of our product. This position carries the important responsibility of defining, disseminating and clarifying the project and technology vision to the team to ensure successful delivery of software, launching quickly and often.
You have the experience to recognize and cultivate talent and the expertise to foster career development. You have the ability to assign individual tasks, skillfully maximizing each team member's strengths while regularly rolling up your sleeves to maintain ownership of specific features. You are the expert that intuitively mentors a small team of engineers with varying levels of experience and can up-level their skills and performance.
You are an autodidact, question the status quo and inspire others while collaborating to get stuff done. You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your ideas, balanced by incredible empathy and patience to understand differing opinions.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane’s success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
Technical Lead at Jane
- Own significant parts of the Jane product line that require design, architecture, and coding
- Develop a long-term technology roadmap
- Managing development team adherence to documented process, delivery of sprint scope
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Take a hands-on approach to work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speediness and quality
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Lead the charge toward continuous improvement, inspiring others’ ongoing self-education and have the knowledge to educate team members when needed to fill in the gaps
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility preferably at an early-stage start-up
- 5 years in a senior development role
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience building scalable products on top of distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases, database architecture, and distributed transaction management
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Flexible PTO, 401K
How to apply:
- Your resume (PDF or Markdown/text preferred)
- Links to some of your work (if possible)
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.