Jane Technologies - Technical Lead
Jane is building the future of eCommerce.
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry’s first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry’s largest marketplace. In addition to our marketplace, we provide online menus and end-to-end checkout flows to dispensaries by integrating directly with their POS systems and leveraging real-time data to connect dispensaries and consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane’s success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/
Technical Lead at Jane
As the Technical Lead you will guide the success of the engineering and delivery activities throughout the lifecycle of our product. This position carries the important responsibility of defining, disseminating and clarifying the project and technology vision to the team to ensure successful delivery of software, launching quickly and often.
You have the experience to recognize and cultivate talent and the expertise to foster career development. You have the ability to assign individual tasks, skillfully maximizing each team member's strengths while regularly rolling up your sleeves to maintain ownership of specific features. You are the expert that intuitively mentors a small team of engineers with varying levels of experience and can up-level their skills and performance.
You are an autodidact, question the status quo and inspire others while collaborating to get stuff done. You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your ideas, balanced by incredible empathy and patience to understand differing opinions.
- Own significant parts of the Jane product line that require design, architecture, and coding
- Develop a long-term technology roadmap
- Managing development team adherence to documented process, delivery of sprint scope
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Take a hands-on approach to work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack
- Manage teams to scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speediness and quality
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Lead the charge toward continuous improvement, inspiring others’ ongoing self-education and have the knowledge to educate team members when needed to fill in the gaps
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility preferably at an early-stage start-up
- 5 years in a senior development role
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience building scalable products on top of distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases, database architecture, and distributed transaction management
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Beautiful office space in downtown Santa Cruz
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Flexible PTO, 401K
How to apply:
- Your resume (PDF or Markdown/text preferred)
- Links to some of your work (if possible)
- (Optional) An example of something that inspires you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.