At Jampp we solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. We process over 1,000,000 ad requests per second, which amounts to over 150TB of data per day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 100ms.
If you are excited about building real-time data pipelines capable of handling billion events daily and helping scale our machine learning infrastructure, Jampp might be the right place for you!
As a Performance Engineer you will contribute to the entire development life cycle, helping create models that define successful deployment to ensure the scalability and availability of our platform. You will be responsible for monitoring development and deployments to make sure that performance meets (or exceeds) expectations.
Our challenges span many technologies, from extremely performant and scalable code, to big data tools that allow us to manage the big stream of data we have. We work in small teams that build reliable, fast and beautiful software.
Jampp is a remote-first company. For this position, it means that you can work remotely from any part of Argentina.
What you'll do
- Work in our Real-Time Bidding platform developing new features and improving platform performance.
- Tackle really tough engineering and product problems and design and own end-to-end, multi-tier architectures.
- Become a tech reference and mentor & share technical expertise with software engineers and other technology colleagues
- Work with the latest open-source projects for extreme scale.
- Code systems that make decisions in ms.
- Work with a massive amount of data and with strongly optimized data structures
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily small and talented team of designers and engineers.
- Build real-time system that processes more than 1,000,000 transactions per second
- Maintain a scalable world wide architecture that allows us to reach users from all countries
- Combine amazon services with in-house solutions to maximize the efficiency
- Profile and evaluate the current solutions in search of performance improvements
- Design complex and efficient data structures and algorithms to maximize code performance
What we look for:
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years of hands on experience building software
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python
- Good SQL knowledge and databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- 3+ experience working with low level technologies (C++, C, Golang, Rust)
- Knowledge about networking and Unix fundamentals
- Deep knowledge in AWS services
What We Value
- Caring about system design and building things correctly from day one, without cutting corners
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- Experience in AdTech is a plus, but not at all a requirement
What We Offer
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 👩⚕️High quality medical care
- 🤰🏻Extended Maternity/Paternity leaves
- 🌴 Extended holidays every year
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪An entrepreneurial environment.
- 🧑💻 A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- 🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)