Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. Jamf’s cloud software is the only solution of scale that automates Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV deployment, management and security. We help organizations, businesses, hospitals, schools and government agencies, connect, manage and protect Apple products without ever having to touch the device— anytime, anywhere.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping people make sense of technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We take pride in making meaningful impact for tens of thousands of customers around the globe. We have over 2,000 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.
Remote work allowed for this role. Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or work anywhere you work best. Jamf thrives where you do.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading the effort as Jamf creates, maintains and continually improves products that help our customers find success with the Apple platform. You will work closely and lead others in agile delivery teams to create new components and features with high quality and reliability. You are a subject matter expert in various Jamf components and product offerings. You are a leader helping Jamf remain the best of breed in end point security of Apple devices.
Lead in the creation and improvement of software components utilizing Java while applying thenecessary engineering theory and logic to meet overall project requirements.
Leads in the coordination of component changes with related elements leveraging experience to predictdesign weaknesses and potential design flaws.
Leads and contributes in agile events including code reviews
Mentors and advises others in related components and broad fundamental expertise areas
Applies appropriate testing techniques to product validating assumptions and resolve data conflictsmaking a definitive call on functional requirements
Designs new component internal elements distinguishing public and private interfaces
Analyze product requirements, defect, product issues and current code to help create component and feature backlogs
Builds a deep understanding of workflows that make Jamf customers successful and apply that knowledgeto ensuring the quality of each release
- 4-year / Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- 5 - 7 years of experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of testing and quality assurance processes (Required)
5 – 7 Years demonstrated experience in Java and tools based on position requirements (Required)
1 – 2 Years experience developing on AWS (Preferred)
- General Experience performance and load testing applications (Preferred)
- Experience building enterprise level software
- Experience working within an agile organization
- Strong communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Good listening skills
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Solution focused ability working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Apple platform experience
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Recently named a Best Workplace in Technology, Fortune Magazine 2021.
- We value the differences in the ways we all live and work. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Great people make Jamf great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 50,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, you are genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Let your individuality shine at Jamf! All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do to propel Jamf to be a leader of equality and fairness in the workplace. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage and grow, so that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Our Employee Resource Groups help empower employees to make real, actionable differences at Jamf. We are actively working every day to get better; our commitment on becoming a more inclusive and diverse work force is never done.