Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As a Jackpocket Operations Manager, you will lead all local personnel and take ownership of regional operational functions. You will become an SME on Jackpocket’s inner workings, establish and implement standard operating procedures, and continually hire, train, and develop a large team of operations staff.
- Manage multiple Jackpocket fulfillment centers, including Ohio
- Actively manage multiple teams of employees and participate in day to day lottery ticket processing activities
- Develop and deliver new hire training and facilitate ongoing learning and development
- Establish and maintain best practices and standard operating procedures in collaboration with Ops peers and leadership
- Continually evaluate performance and efficiency and implement procedural and tactical improvements
- Set team and individual level goals, track KPIs, and provide ongoing coaching and mentorship to drive performance
- Lead local hiring efforts and establish a strong employer reputation in the local talent market
- Handle day-to-day employee scheduling, approve timecards, update standard operating procedures, and make sure associates are prepared for the day and working in a safe environment.
- Monitor supply delivery, inventory management, manage regular cleaning and maintenance schedules, and troubleshoot and system or facility issues.
- Perform cash balance reporting, execution of initiatives and directives, and additional duties as required
- Willing and able to work some nights and weekends
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Technically proficient and able to perform technical troubleshooting
- Able to function independently and complete tasks from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Experience hiring, managing, scheduling, and developing a large roster of mostly part time operational staff
- Experience managing remote staff and occasional travel to other states
- Experience with personnel management including hiring and firing, familiarity with employment law & OSHA
- Enthusiastic about learning, creating structure, and willing to jump in and help wherever is needed
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving operational processes
- Experience working with a high-growth company or fast paced environment