At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is part of Soundwide, whose mission is to make music and audio creation a more joyful and inspiring experience for creators everywhere by helping them to find, and stay in, their creative flow. Soundwide’s collective vision is to inspire and empower creators to express themselves and reimagine the future of sound.
Who We Are
Our Audio Production Engineering Team is responsible for building audio production products that music producers, sound designers, and audio engineers need and love. We are designing, developing, and debugging software in C++20 for Mac and Windows. Our products are based on cutting edge technology, including intelligent digital signal processing algorithms, machine learning techniques, and modern web technologies. The team is highly collaborative, has a passion for high-quality code and in learning how to continually improve our craft.
What You'll Do
- Work within a cross functional agile team consisting of a product manager, UX designers, sound designers, software engineers, and QA engineers to build new products and functionalities that our customers need and love.
- Design, prototype, develop, and deliver new audio products in C++ and using web technology
- Maintain and upgrade existing audio products written in C++
- Contribute to improvements, refactoring and re-architecture of the application and UI framework, to maintain a state-of-the art foundation for our products
What You'll Bring
- Extensive experience developing efficient, reusable and reliable C++ code for production-quality products
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of test-driven development, design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, system architecture
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Experience as a technical leader and/or coach to other software developers
- Experience with cross-platform development using Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple Xcode, Git is a plus
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies is a plus
- Working knowledge or exposure to DSP and audio signal processing algorithms is a plus
- Experience with user interface development and web technology is a plus
- Experience with scientific computing and machine learning is a plus
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs a plus
- Familiarity with audio software landscape (DAWs, plug-ins, etc.) is a plus