The Director, Strategic Alliances role is new at iX.co and will be responsible for developing, leading and managing a key strategic partnership program and will be instrumental to the success of our corporate alliance strategy. The focus of this role is that of a relationship manager, sales leader, operations liaison and teacher. The primary responsibilities include implementing channel marketing and sales strategies, helping various partner’s teams gain industry leading knowledge, learn/execute critical processes, leverage resources, spearhead client- or channel-facing training, and ensure alignment with partner identified go-to-market messaging.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a cross-functional team, and has experience driving sales initiatives and enjoys teaching and motivating teams. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with high energy and strong self-discipline and will have worked in a complex sales environment before. This candidate will have an informed perspective on how to create and manage partnerships with an eye on helping iX.co achieve short and long term revenue goals, as well as other critical KPIs (e.g. Innovation Score).
Additionally, the ideal candidate:
- Understands consultative selling and is an experienced, self-motivated, high energy, results-driven sales professional
- Must have a proven track record of navigating large corporations and managing relationships with executives or senior leaders
- Is smart, confident, technically strong and industry-savvy
- Can effectively manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities
The Director, Strategic Alliances will report to the Chief Commercial Officer. This role may be located in Los Angeles, Cincinnati or New York.
Partner Business Planning & Strategy Development
- Identifies key channel partners in relevant market segments
- Develops the partnership strategy and implementation of key initiatives
- Develops and manages maintenance and renewal of channel partnerships
- Accurately forecast revenue and identify key strategies for increasing market share
- Development of key sales opportunities leveraging historical sales insights, market trends and channel partner sales objectives
Sales Leadership and Training
- Coordinate sales team members, develop marketing solutions and partner enablement training
- Communicate changes in direction, offerings, expectations, processes and standards as they pertain to partnerships
- Provide leadership and set direction for sales team
Partner Logistics and Operations Management
- Budget responsibly for channel partner expenses
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts
- Coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm
- Able to manage quotas, development of “rules of engagement” and establish go-to-market plans
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- 5+ years in digital sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas
- Strategic thinker and leader with at least 2 years in partner channel sales environment
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Full understanding of the digital landscape, with expertise in digital content for things like OTT, digital video, mobile application development, etc.
- High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
- Mentor and leader with a track record of hiring, managing and motivating successful teams.
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication
- Financial acumen and business management skills
- Proficient in Salesforce or similar CRM and sales collaboration management software
- BS/BA degree required
iX.co, a digital media company focused on the way data science and technology can create more personal experiences for users while growing audiences for content owners, bridges the gap between storytelling and technology, creating digital platforms and experiences to help global brands engage with audiences and monetize their investments.
iX.co works with many of the biggest names in sports, media, entertainment, and active lifestyle, using data-driven insights to cater to audience passions and empower businesses to make millions of lasting impressions.
With offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, iX.co is proud of the impact it has helped create for elite organizations like the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, FOX, Chelsea FC, AS Roma, the International Ski Federation and the International Basketball Federation, among countless others.
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Multiple insurance options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks and coffee bar
- Flexible working arrangements
- Weekly Happy Hours and periodic team activities
- Work in a high-growth, energetic environment