iX.co is looking for an Ad Technology Product Manager to lead the development of ground-up programmatic advertising technologies and play a critical role in building platforms across our portfolio of global sports, entertainment and broadcasting publishers. This is a highly cross functional independent contributor role that will report into iX.co’s Strategy and Consulting, Audience Growth and Monetization practice and combines aspects of technical systems architecture, software engineering, product management, and ad operations.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building advertising technology supply side platforms and managing projects for online or mobile advertising departments for medium to large scale publishers. This role is well-suited for a smart, ambitious and naturally curious individual with strong knowledge of web and mobile ad serving technologies. The ideal candidate would have past success in being a liaison with cross functional stakeholders in Sales, Product, and Engineering, and would be able to distill complicated business requirements and technical requirements into actionable engineering tickets. This role should be able to work autonomously but thrive on collaboration. Excellent prioritization skills are critical.
This role may also be called the following at other companies:
- Ad Systems Product Manager
- Ad Platform Manager,
- Ad Technology Manager,
- Ad Systems Specialist,
- Ad Technology Specialist,
- Ad Systems Architect,
- Ad Technology Solutions Architect,
- Ad-Tech Engineer,
- Ad-Tech Specialist
- 4+ years of experience in monetization of online media using programmatic ad tech platforms
- Experience leading projects related to indirect ad serving infrastructure (e.g.header bidding)
- Experience either directing managing or working with ad-operations specialists who manage programmatic and indirect ad campaigns (e.g. optimizing floor prices)
- Proven experience with architecting mobile and web ad technology solutions
- Experience with data management platforms, audience segmentation and targeting
- Working knowledge of popular ad technologies like Google Ad Manager (DFP), Google EBDA, Prebid.js, AppNexus, IndexExchange
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proactive on staying on top of ad tech industry trends and have the perseverance to move positive change forward.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and handle requests on tight deadlines
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with ad fraud, malware is a plus
- Working knowledge with Google Analytics, Amplitude, Heap, Tealium is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data collection and storage privacy requirements across US and EU is a plus
- Act as internal technical subject matter expert / our in-house expertise for architecting ad technology systems relative to header bidding technologies, auction dynamics, and industry trends
- Clearly translate business needs into technical product requirements
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists and business operations to ensure we deliver on the business’ goals.
- Act as the technical implementation lead for strategic go-to-market ad product initiatives that have significant impact our client’s monetization strategies.
- Establish best practices for streamlined ad delivery, ad trafficking and ad fulfillment.
- Build and manage relationships with our ad-tech partners; Oversee all integrations with ad tech partners that service iX.co’s clients
- Provide pre-sales and sales engineering consultation and integration guidance to our sales for designing professional services and consulting engagements
- Collaborate with our in-house ad-operations team to manage all aspects of our clients’ ad inventories including, but not limited to:
- DFP implementation and optimization
- Optimization amongst hundreds of ad networks including Facebook, Google Adsense and AdX
- Header Bidding implementation and optimization
- Building ad optimization technology to further increase ad revenues, automate ad operations and ensure quality user experience.
iX.co, a digital media company focused on the way data science and technology can create more personal experiences for users while growing audiences for content owners, bridges the gap between storytelling and technology, creating digital platforms and experiences to help global brands engage with audiences and monetize their investments.
iX.co works with many of the biggest names in sports, media, entertainment, and active lifestyle, using data-driven insights to cater to audience passions and empower businesses to make millions of lasting impressions.
With offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, iX.co is proud of the impact it has helped create for elite organizations like the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, FOX, Chelsea FC, AS Roma, the International Ski Federation and the International Basketball Federation, among countless others.
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Multiple insurance options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks and coffee bar
- Flexible working arrangements
- Weekly Happy Hours and periodic team activities
- Work in a high-growth, energetic environment