The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking an individual with a strong interest in human health and wellness and a passion for driving change through simple, beautiful user experiences. The Senior UI Designer will be responsible for finalizing and maintaining a comprehensive design system, and will serve as a bridge between the UX Specialist, the business users and the engineering team. Working with the leads from digital product and engineering, the Senior UI Designer would be a key voice in solutioning complex workflows or user interactions.
As our Senior UI Designer, you are a hard-working, resourceful professional and are a critical thinker with excellent product instincts, passion for great user experiences and poses exceptional systems-thinking regarding UI design. Your sense of judgement around when and why to design certain interactions will provide an important leadership role within the team.
Individuals on the Technology team have diverse professional and educational backgrounds and serve as the designers and builders of user experience for WELL, the world’s leading tool for helping organizations advance health within the places and spaces they spend time. This team collaborates with internal departments to define future priorities and works directly with our engaged user base for feedback to ensure our digital products best help to drive our mission of creating healthier places where people can thrive.
Senior UI Designer Responsibilities:
- Maintain a comprehensive design system with consistent components and color definitions
- Imagine elegant and thoughtful ways to present data
- Implement best practices for intuitive user interactions
- Sketch and present mock-ups of potential UI solutions
- Provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Analyze data-driven insights and user research to inform design decisions
- Partner with developers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints
- Perform wireframe iterations based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UX/UI design: functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
Senior UI Designer Profile & Prerequisites:
- Extensive portfolio of work across multiple platforms (UI Design, UX research, etc)
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision
- An appreciation for determining the right control for the right task. Proper use of modals, menus, forms, etc, to allow for intuitive user interactions.
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Passionate about being a part of an integral part of solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
Senior UI Designer Preferred Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of professional UI / UX product design experience
- Design Strategy, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Proficient in CSS UX/UI Design Principles
- Understanding of HTML and CSS capabilities as it relates to design
Location: New York, NY or Remote
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.