The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking an individual with a strong interest in human health and wellness and a passion for driving change through innovative and impactful user experiences. The Product Manager will report to VP, Product and be responsible for defining product strategy, managing release scope and timelines, coordinating cross-team stakeholders, and providing ongoing leadership to the UI/UX and engineering teams.
As our Product Manager, you are a hard-working, resourceful professional and are a critical thinker with excellent product instincts, passion for great user experiences, a data-centric mindset, as well as overall experience advising stakeholders on the requirements and components needed to build digital products.
Individuals on the Technology team have diverse professional and educational backgrounds and serve as the designers and builders of user experience for WELL, the world’s leading tool for helping organizations advance health within the places and spaces they spend time. This team collaborates with internal departments to define future priorities and works directly with our engaged user base for feedback to ensure our digital products best help to drive our mission of creating healthier places where people can thrive.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the product roadmap and backlog for all digital products
- Oversee and manage lead requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, feature development, and user acceptance testing
- Partner with cross functional teams regularly to ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization
- Partner with IT to manage the roadmap and backlog to ensure that IT delivers all capabilities on time and per expectation
- Work with product marketing to develop positioning and messaging to ensure differentiation from competitors
- Monitor and evaluate product performance to ensure constant product iteration and improvements
Product Manager Profile & Prerequisites:
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
- Demonstrated experience managing timelines and/or developing training programs
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
Product Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of professional product management experience
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
Location: New York, NY or Remote
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.