The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking an individual with a strong interest in human health and wellness and a passion for driving change through simple, beautiful user experiences. The UX Specialist will report to the VP, Product and will be responsible for conducting user research and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also support the UI design of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
As our UX Specialist, you are a hard-working, resourceful professional and are a critical thinker with excellent product instincts, passion for great user experiences and enjoy the challenge of creating elegant solutions to complex problems and workflows. You are interested in inclusive design principles and helping to ensure all users have equitable access to WELL’s offerings.
Individuals on the Technology team have diverse professional and educational backgrounds and serve as the designers and builders of user experience for WELL, the world’s leading tool for helping organizations advance health within the places and spaces they spend time. This team collaborates with internal departments to define future priorities and works directly with our engaged user base for feedback to ensure our digital products best help to drive our mission of creating healthier places where people can thrive.
UX Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product leaders, business stakeholders and developers to define and implement innovative solutions to complex and technical problems
- Conduct user research, evaluate user feedback, create and maintain personas
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Assist with developing and maintaining Design System
- Assist with strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Promote and ensure design guidelines, best practices and standards are followed across the platform
- Advocate for the end user
UX Specialist Profile & Prerequisites:
- Experience in UX software such as Figma or Sketch is a required
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, design systems, usability and accessibility concerns
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in, or knowledge of Agile methodology
UX Specialist Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Art, Design, Computer Graphics, Graphic Design, Digital Media or another related field
- 1-2 years of UX design experience
- Portfolio with digital work samples including digital products, responsive websites and mobile applications
- Candidates will need to work in EST time zone
Location: New York, NY or Remote
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.