The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is looking for an individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating and driving change. You’ll lead the build out and maintenance of our Knowledge Base and Community Portal, as well as collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts in developing resources that support our clients across the world. If you’re looking for an opportunity to stretch your design thinking, support global organizations on health and well-being, and see your strategic vision come to life, this is a great role for you.
IWBI is leading a global movement to transform health and well-being with our people first approach to buildings, organizations and communities. The WELL Building Standard (WELL) is a roadmap for organizations to create and certify spaces that advance human health and well-being. You will report to a Manager on the Commercial team. This team provides support to WELL projects, helping customers to navigate our programs, achieve health awards and milestones, engage their employees and other stakeholders, and improve their approach to well-being.
Knowledge Base and Content Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate across IWBI teams to develop and manage content for the Knowledge Base, including:
- Articles, tutorial videos and educational courses that support the professionals and clients who are working with WELL
- Protocols for resource maintenance and content tagging
- Support Community Portal forum protocols for members of the WELL community, including related to moderation, support, and establishment of new forums
- Manage content and schedule for automated communications to support across all WELL program offerings, including for WELL Health-Safety Rating, WELL Certification, and WELL Portfolio
- Develop content that improves the client experience in WELL’s digital platform, including through:
- Drafting client journey workflows
- Writing content for WELL online pages and fields
- Developing appcues that provide guided client support
- Support the creation of slides and template agendas for client presentations
- Track metrics of success, including:
- Email open and click rates
- Video and article views
- Knowledge Base page views
- Community Portal forum interaction and posts
Knowledge Base and Content Development Manager Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion for and commitment to the organization’s mission
- 2-5 years of experience in content development and end-user technical writing experience
- Client-first mindset and approach
- Strong writing skills with
- flexibility to customize as appropriate for a various audiences,
- ability to strike a conversational or more formal tone, depending on the deliverable, and
- impeccable spelling and grammar
- Passion for learning and an ability to take complex information and turn it into engaging, easy-to-understand instructions
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications
- Deft collaborator who is able to seamlessly work with multiple stakeholders and across departments
- Detail-oriented planner who can effectively manage work plans and deliverable tracking
Knowledge Base and Content Development Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or related field
- Experience or training in User Experience (UX) design
- Experience with knowledge management solutions and a point of view about what works and why
- Copy editing experience
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRM software
Location: Preferred location is New York, NY but will consider remote locations in the U.S. on a case-by-case basis
- Right now we're all working remotely
- Eligibility for employment in the US is required.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.