The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is looking for an individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating and driving change through capacity building with global organizations. The position is based within the Commercial team at IWBI and will be responsible for providing technical support on the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) to: project teams enrolled in WELL, WELL Performance Testing Agents and Organizations, third-party contractors and industry professionals engaged as part of IWBI’s global community.
As our Customer Success Manager, you play an integral role in establishing, administering and improving standard operating procedures with the aim to optimize the overall customer experience with WELL. You are solutions-oriented, collaborative and creative, have a knack for operational tasks, process improvement, problem-solving and enjoy developing tools and resources. You exhibit a strong sense of ownership, are detailed oriented, have superior organizational and time management skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
The IWBI Commercial team is composed of individuals across the globe with diverse professional and educational backgrounds. We serve as experts in the implementation of WELL and its evidence-based health and wellbeing strategies. Our team provides support to WELL projects, helping customers navigate the certification process, derive the greatest benefits possible from the program, develop solutions for challenges, and inspire best practices in the implementation of WELL. Commercial team members also support industry education and business development efforts in key markets and sectors.
Customer Success Manager Responsibilities:
- Support project teams to ensure technically rigorous, accurate, consistent and timely completion of documentation submission, performance verification and review activities
- Help project teams successfully and confidently reconcile preliminary documentation and performance review results
- Uphold IWBI’s standard for quality for WELL Certification, WELL Health-Safety Rating, and WELL Performance Verification documentation submissions
- Support and advance measures that help clients and Performance Testing Organizations scale performance testing across real estate portfolios
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the WELL Performance Testing Organization program and oversee, onboarding, training, quality monitoring and relationship management of WELL Performance Testing Organizations and third-party contractors
- Develop methods to improve the performance testing delivery model to streamline on-site testing, data collection and submission
- Collaborate internally to support third-party contractors and the network of global WELL Performance Testing Organizations and Agents through a strong feedback loop enabled with quarterly updates, calls, and newsletters
- Deliver outstanding customer support by providing timely responses in a positive and professional manner
Customer Success Manager Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene)
- 3+ years of professional experience working in environmental testing or other relevant building sciences position
- Knowledge of building systems and building environmental testing in one or more areas: air, water, lighting quality; thermal and acoustical comfort
- Demonstrated experience with sustainable and/or healthy building design process and strategies
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, strong sense of commitment, passion for continuous learning and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing client-facing tools or resources
- Ability to reliably maintain a consistent schedule while working remotely
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently and willing to be a team player by working collaboratively in groups
Customer Success Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated field experience in on-site testing of health-based parameters in buildings
- Experience with implementing building certification systems (WELL, BREEAM, Green Star, LEED, Living Building Challenge, NABERS Indoor Environment, RESET, etc.)
- WELL AP (required within 12 months of hiring)
- Experience with data analysis and a high level of expertise in Excel
- High proficiency in other programs within Microsoft Office Suite including Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience work in a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) platform (e.g., Salesforce, Zendesk, Hubspot)
Location: New York, NY or Remote
- Eligibility for employment in the US is required.
- We are all working remotely at this point in time due to COVID-19, so this position can be remote anywhere within the US.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.