The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI) is seeking a senior-level, business development professional with a strong interest in improving human health and social sustainability through the built environment. The Regional Account Manager is a customer-facing role, responsible for leading market development activities, supporting education and marketing initiatives, as well as providing technical assistance for projects, industry professionals and the global WELL community. The individual will work closely across IWBI’s interdisciplinary teams, as well as engage with external clients and other industry partners. This individual should have a competitive drive, a desire to collaborate and a track record of success to help develop new business across the Americas. This is a hands-on, client-facing, solution-selling, role that will scale as the WELL movement continues to grow.
Regional Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders across the Americas, such as real estate owners, developers, investors, corporate executives, human resources and workplace wellness professionals, design and sustainability consultants, real estate firms and other industry partners.
- Conduct market research, utilizing various data sources, to identify market development opportunities across IWBI’s suite of products, including WELL Certification, WELL Health-Safety Rating, WELL Portfolio, WELL AP and IWBI Membership.
- Maintain an understanding of IWBI’s existing and potential value proposition within the evolving ESG landscape.
- Partner with the leadership team to create forecasts and targets for assigned regions and/or business sectors, and develop and execute strategies and tactics to achieve these goals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop client-facing deliverables, including presentations, case studies, and other resources for a variety of audiences.
- Increase exposure of WELL through regular social media engagement and by attending and/or speaking at industry events, conferences and other external engagements.
- In collaboration with the WELL coaching contacts, provide technical support to project teams as needed to help ensure seamless integration of WELL solutions within the built environment.
Regional Account Manager Candidate Prerequisites:
- At least 8 years of professional experience with a proven track record of developing new business, managing existing client relationships, as well as supporting various project team partners and consultants.
- Existing network of real estate owners, developers, corporate executives, and other industry partners.
- WELL AP credential is highly preferred and required within six months of employment.
- In-depth understanding of IWBI’s suite of products, including their value proposition, business case and industry positioning, as well as technical requirements and process.
- Should be astute in understanding of the financial implications of decision-making in regard to capital expenditures, cost of ownership models, ROI, leasing, human capital metrics, UN Sustainable Development Goals, GRESB, ESG reporting etc.
- Proficiency in LinkedIn, MS Office, HubSpot and Google applications.
- A fluency in Spanish is highly preferred.
Regional Account Manager Candidate Profile:
- Strong interpersonal and communication and presentation skills, including the ability to be articulate, assertive, confident, influential and empathetic.
- Passion and commitment to IWBI’s mission of improving human health and well-being in organizations and communities across the world.
- Drive to succeed and motivation to support the entire team’s success.
- Ability to effectively contribute to cross-team, integrated initiatives.
- Strong relationship building skills and desire to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Curiosity, strategic thinking and resourcefulness.
- Appreciation of and sensitivity to global cultures.
- Detail-orientation and excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Location: New York, NY or remote within the US or Canada
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.