The International WELL Building Institute is seeking a motivated Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to be part of a growing team that will be building the next-generation data analytics solution for the WELL movement. A successful candidate will contribute to the design, optimization, and analysis of data collected from certification processes including annual surveys and performance testing. The candidate will also be managing external relationships with vendors and partners for data acquisition, and insight distribution. It is expected that the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer would be involved in the full product lifecycle. We are looking for a candidate with a background in Computer Science or similar field with experience in data science in the built environment.
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer Responsibilities:
- Design, optimize, and analyze the collection of data for annual satisfaction surveys, and performance testing.
- Visualize insights and findings in client facing applications.
- Manage external relationships with vendors and partners.
- Design, manage, and analyze behavior tracking, and segmentation streams with an interdisciplinary team to drive customer adoption and retention.
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer Profile & Prerequisites:
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus on Data Science.
- High fluency in Python/R, and SQL.
- Experience with SQL databases are well as no-SQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with big data tools like Apache Spark.
- Experience with professional visualization software like Tableau, Apache Superset, Chartio, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Proven experience working with version control systems like Github.
- Experience with product analytics software such as Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.
- Experience with supervised as well as unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Experience with building end-to-end data pipelines for machine learning and analytics.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions like Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery etc.
- Experience with workflow orchestrators like Apache Airflow, Luigi, Metaflow, etc.
- Proven ability to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely to technical as well as lay audiences.
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 5 years experience working with real-world data, preferably in a product setting.
- Experience with cloud-based analytics services from AWS, Azure, or GCP are a plus.
- Experience working with Customer Data Platforms like Segment is a plus.
- Experience with using CI systems like TravisCI, CircleCI, or Github Actions is a plus.
- Experience with real-world environmental datasets.
Location: New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Washington, DC or Remote
- Eligibility for employment in the US is required.
- We are all working remotely at this point in time due to COVID-19, so this position can be remote anywhere within the US.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.