The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking an individual with a strong interest in human health and wellness and a passion for driving change through capacity building. The Discovery Analyst will report to a manager on the Commercial Team and be responsible for supporting the sales team by prospecting and qualifying new leads, scheduling and hosting discovery calls to advance customers through the sales cycle, generating customer demand and uncovering a qualified sales pipeline.
As our Discovery Analyst, you are a hard-working, resourceful professional and are a critical thinker who finds joy in fostering new connections and maintaining relationships. You have experience in a customer-facing role and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Individuals on the Commercial Team have diverse professional and educational backgrounds and serve as experts in WELL products and programs. This team provides support to WELL customers, helping them to: navigate the WELL AP credentialing and WELL certification processes, derive the greatest benefits possible from the program, develop solutions for challenges and inspire best practices and adoption of WELL
Discovery Analyst Responsibilities:
- Support the development of new business by scheduling discovery calls with prospective clients via email, hosting conference calls and sending personalized follow-up via email
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of a segmented discovery sales approach by identifying and qualifying prospective sales opportunities
- Collaborate with members of the sales team to research and nurture higher quality leads that warrant further support
- Work efficiently in Customer Relation Management (CRM) and sales enablement tools such as Zendesk and HubSpot to manage leads, outreach and tasks
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers at all phases of the sales process, providing both short and longer-term relationship management
- Support in the development of resources by writing articles and FAQs to provide guidance to potential clients and project teams about the WELL process
Discovery Analyst Profile & Prerequisites:
- Associates degree and/or 2+years professional experience in a customer service or sales-related role
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and G-suite
- Familiarity with Adobe creative suite or basic design and editing software/platforms is a plus
- Ability to reliably maintain a consistent schedule while working remotely
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, clear and accurate
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently and willing to be a team player by working collaboratively in groups
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- Receptive and adaptive to change, and solutions oriented when objections are made, roadblocks present, or feedback is issued
- Strong interpersonal skills with a genuine approach to helping others
- WELL Accredited Professional; required within 6 months of start date
Discovery Analyst Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a CRM such as Zendesk, Hubspot, JIRA or Salesforce
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety measures, including ergonomic design, circadian lighting, workplace policies, facility management and monitoring of the indoor environment
- Specific experience working with the WELL Building Standard™, LEED or other building certification programs
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of at least one building certification process (Green Star, LEED, BREEAM, Living Building Challenge, RESET, etc.)
Location: New York, NY or Remote
- Eligibility for employment in the US is required.
- We're all remote now due to COVID, so this position can be remote anywhere within the US. Work hours will be based on East Coast business hours.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.