The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking an individual with a strong interest in human health and wellness and a passion for driving change through capacity building. The Customer Service Intern will report to a manger on the Commercial team providing professional customer service to external customers and internal teams.
You’ll be on the front lines, supporting our customers and clients, responding to general and technical customer inquiries, assist with billing-related tasks, always providing courteous, friendly and efficient service, and proactively identify opportunities to improve current processes and the customer experience.
As our Customer Service Intern you are a great listener, hard-working, and a resourceful professional. You love to solve problems and find joy in helping others. You have experience in a customer-facing role and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Individuals on the Commercial Team have diverse professional and educational backgrounds and serve as experts in products and programs built upon the WELL Building Standard (WELL). This team provides support to WELL customers, helping them to: navigate the WELL AP credentialing and WELL certification processes, derive the greatest benefits possible from a variety of WELL programs, develop solutions for challenges and inspire best practices and adoption of WELL
Customer Service Intern Responsibilities:
- Answer customer phone calls and note important information for call-back or further assistance
- Work efficiently in Customer Relation Management (CRM ) and sales enablement tools such as Zendesk and HubSpot to manage outreach ,follow-up and inquiry resolution
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and solutions-oriented demeanor while listening, documenting, and resolving customer inquiries
- Process customer orders/changes/returns according to established policies and procedures
Customer Service Intern Profile & Prerequisites:
- Demonstrated pursuit of knowledge in a relevant field (e.g., Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Customer Service, Communications etc.) as evidenced by formal (degree program) or informal studies or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality work
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity and excellent ability to synthesize information
- Desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
Customer Service Intern Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience and knowledge of how credentialing programs work
- Prior experience in accounts payable or receivables as a billing clerk or revenue specialist
- Previous experience working in a CRM such as Zendesk, Hubspot, JIRA or Salesforce
Compensation: This is a paid internship. Hourly rates are competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
Location: New York, NY or Remote
- Eligibility for employment in the US is required.
- We're all remote now due to COVID, so this position can be remote anywhere within the US
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the International WELL Building Institute
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
IWBI convenes and mobilizes the global wellness real estate community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, the pursuit of applicable research, the development of educational resources, and advocacy for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere. WELLcertified.com