IWBI is looking for a Social media manager to join our Marketing team. This is a newly built role, reporting to our Head of Marketing. We are looking for someone to establish our voice on social and tell our brand story through compelling, unique and customized content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Your job will bring IWBI’s brand to life while ensuring quality, tone, messaging and copy are consistently represented as authentic, authoritative and pioneering in the wellness space. This person will work cross-functionally with team members in design, communications, business development, community and growth to expand our distribution pipeline for articles, stories, thought leadership, videos, and more. Our ideal candidate lives and breathes social media and is comfortable making best practice recommendations in ambiguous environments. You will be expected to act as the social media gatekeeper at IWBI, ensuring that all content published on our channels is up to brand standards and industry best practices.
- Manage IWBI’s social media channels and social content calendar: crafting copy and sourcing images in line with the IWBI brand, and working with the broader team to develop graphics, multimedia and other creative in-channel content.
- Develop and maintain employee advocacy program.
- Take a lead role in developing IWBI’s social media strategy, leveraging social to support and advance IWBI’s business goals, and incorporate key social media tactics in broader marketing and communications plans and campaigns
- Ideate social media campaigns and creative content executions
- Work with internal staff, external partners, influencers and other contacts to collaborate on social content and distribution
- Engage with IWBI’s audience and broader stakeholders on social media and develop new and novel ways to communicate with and nurture these relationships
- Monitor and report on trending topics and industry conversation on social; identify opportunities for IWBI content, engagement and participation in the conversation
- Measure and track key metrics including channel growth, engagement, ad performance and campaign performance. Utilize these numbers to adjust and inform future tactics to increase content engagement, channel growth and brand influence
- Stay abreast of the changing social media landscape, identifying new trends and functionality and applying them to IWBI’s social strategy
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in a social media management/content creation role, either agency or in-house capacity.
- Marketing, communications, business or related discipline helpful, but diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds welcomed.
- Innovative digital content and marcomm thinker who loves to stay on top of industry trends and tools, and leverage them at work.
- Passionate changemaker and advocate with a strong personal/professional interest in health and wellness.
- Strong writer with an eye for accuracy and detail
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns
- Experience with social media planning, tracking and monitoring tools, such as HootSuite, and Hubspot,
Location: New York, NY or Remote
- Right now we're all working remotely, but once we're back in the office we'll want this position to be based in New York City (by the end of 2021)
- The company does not provide relocation assistance or compensation
- The company is not sponsoring work visas for this position
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About the International WELL Building Institute:
The International WELL Building InstituteTM (IWBI) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed to balancing public benefits with profitability – harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building StandardTM (WELL) – a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings that impact the health and wellbeing of the people who live, work, and learn in them. Fulfilling the vision of IWBI Founder Paul Scialla, IWBI has a pioneering altruistic capitalism model that will address social responsibility and demonstrate a sustainable model for philanthropy. IWBI has committed to direct 51 percent of net profits received from WELL Certification project fees toward charitable contributions and impact investment focused on health, wellness, and the built environment. IWBI was established by Delos in 2013 pursuant to a Clinton Global Initiative commitment to improve the way people live by developing spaces that enhance occupant health and quality of life by sharing the WELL Building Standard globally.
For additional information, please visit us at wellcertified.com