The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is seeking a senior-level professional with a strong interest in improving human health through the built environment. The Global Account Manager will be responsible for leading market development activities, supporting education and marketing initiatives as well as providing technical assistance for specific projects, industry professionals and the larger community globally. The individual will have considerable communication/collaboration with the IWBI coaching contacts, Standard Development, Education, Marketing and the GBCI WELL teams. This position will also interact externally with corporate executives, developers, architects, sustainability consultants and other industry leaders and decision makers. This individual should have a drive for collaborating to initiate human-centric change and track record of success to help develop new business in the US and globally. This is a hands-on, client-facing, solution selling, role that will scale as the WELL movement continues to grow.
- Conduct market research, utilizing various data sources, to strategically identify market development opportunities across IWBI’s suite of products (including WELL Certification, WELL Health-Safety Rating, WELL Portfolio, WELL AP and IWBI Membership). In partnership with the Leadership team, create forecasts and targets for assigned regions and/or territories; design and execute strategies and tactics to achieve these goals
- Build and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders globally; such as owners, developers, investors, tenants, human resourcesand workplace wellness professionals, design and sustainability consultants, real estate firms and other industry partners
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop client presentations and deliverables for various audiences and decision makers.
- Increase exposure of WELL and further market development efforts by attending and/or speaking at industry events, conferences and other external engagements
- In collaboration with the WELL coaching contacts, provide technical support to project teams as needed to help ensure seamless integration of WELL solutions within the built environment
- At least 8 years proven track record of developing new business and managing existing clients with focus on Fortune 500 and supporting various project team partners and consultants
- Experience in a customer-facing role, working with a similar spectrum of clients
- WELL AP Credential is highly preferred and required within six months of employment
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices, building systems and basic infrastructure - LEED AP Credential is helpful
- In-depth understanding of the WELL Building Standard including the- value proposition, business case and industry positioning, as well as technical requirements and the overall certification process
- Financial literacy and business acumen. Should be astute in understanding of the financial implications of decision-making in regard to capital expenditures, cost of ownership models, ROI, leasing, human capital metrics, UN Sustainable Development Goals, GRESB, ESG reporting etc
- Proficiency in LinkedIn, MS Office, HubSpot and Google Applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written as well as speaking and presenting – articulate, assertive and confident. An ability to successfully influence executive decision makers to enroll in WELL programs
- Ability to effectively work within a team and contribute to cross-team integrated initiatives
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Passion and commitment to IWBI’s mission of improving human health and well-being in buildings and communities across the world through the WELL Building Standard
- Strong strategic relationship building skills at leadership level
- Sensitivity to global cultural differences
- Motivated by success, helping others succeed and innovate
- Strategic thinking and knowledge of where we need to go and how to get there
- Convey empathy and delivers exceptional customer experience
- Curious mindset to demonstrate understanding about client’s issues
- Willingness to travel within the United States and globally
Location: New York, NY or Remote (US)
- Right now we're all working remotely, but once we're back in the office we prefer that this position to be based in New York City (by the end of 2021)
- The company does not provide relocation assistance or compensation
- The company is not sponsoring work visas for this position
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include complete health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, child care subsidies, yearly remote month and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.