The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is looking for an individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating to drive change.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will be responsible for building support for WELL in key sectors and regions across Asia Pacific, providing technical support for individual projects in a technical support capacity, directing the creation of associated resources and tools, and enhancing the capacity of industry professionals and the larger community seeking to integrate principles of the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) into their projects.
The Technical Account Manager, Asia Pacific will report to the Vice President, Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific team is responsible for the growth of WELL across Asia Pacific, excluding China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and India. The successful candidate will be required to support a number of different countries in Asia Pacific including Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Australia.
- Encourage engagement across IWBI’s suite of products, including IWBI Membership, WELL Certification, WELL Health-Safety Rating and WELL Portfolio by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key technical market stakeholders in Asia Pacific; such as industry partners and practitioners
- Providing technical support to project teams in advance of enrollment as needed to help ensure seamless integration of WELL solutions within the built environment
- Increasing awareness of WELL and further business development efforts by attending and/or speaking at industry events, conferences and other external engagements
- Encourage successful WELL Certifications, WELL Health Safety Ratings and WELL Portfolio Scores by:
- Supporting project teams and WELL APs by delivering technical support that helps organisations pursue WELL Certification, the WELL Portfolio program, and/or the WELL Health Safety Rating
- Serving as the WELL technical point of contact for Asia Pacific and for key market stakeholder architecture & engineering design firms, real estate firms and sustainability consultants
- Support the continuous development of technical resources, the development of WELL, and the WELL Accredited Professional program by:
- Supporting technical resource development to support localisation efforts, as well as create efficiencies in the overall customer experience with WELL
- Obtaining market feedback from Asia Pacific to create regional-specific resources, tools, templates and articles to support successful localisation of WELL and to inform other IWBI teams of local challenges and needs related to integration of health and well-being strategies into the built environment
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- 4-5+ years professional experience working in real estate or consulting projects across Asia
- An understanding of the phases of real estate development projects
- WELL Accredited Professional (or required within 6 months of position start date)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident, with a proficiency in English
- Ability to engage, educate and inspire a culturally diverse set of external customer stakeholder groups
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- Ability to envision and project manage the development of new technical tools that will support client engagement across IWBI’s suite of products
- Ability to reliably maintain a consistent schedule while working remotely
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently and willing to be a team player by working collaboratively in groups
Desirable (but not prerequisites):
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety measures, including ergonomic design, circadian lighting, workplace policies, facility management and monitoring of the indoor environment
- Willingness to travel across Asia and to the US when required
- Specific experience working with the WELL Building Standard
- LEED or Green Star Accredited Professional
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of at least one building certification process (Green Star, LEED, BREEAM, Living Building Challenge, RESET, etc.)
- Proficiency in Japanese, Central Thai, or Malay language
- Proficiency in Zendesk, Hubspot and Google Applications
Location: Singapore (preferred) or Australia
- The company does not provide relocation assistance or compensation
- The company is not sponsoring work visas for this position
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the the job location to be considered.
About IWBI and WELL
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
The WELL v2™ pilot is a recently launched version of its popular WELL Building Standard, and the WELL Community Standard™ pilot is a district scale rating system that sets a new global benchmark for healthy communities.
IWBI mobilizes the global wellness community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, convenes a global network of organizations through IWBI membership, pursues applicable research, develops educational resources, and advocates for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere.
IWBI is featured on Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2019.