The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is looking for strategic leader to join the team. This executive-level position will take the lead on IWBI’s signature events (including the WELL Conference) and other conferences and events. But this is not just an events role. The person in this position will also lead our engagement strategies across our various communities – WELL AP, WELL Faculty, Portfolio clients, and others - developing and nurturing a broad architecture for community engagement across the global WELL community and inspiring their joint action around creating a global culture of health.
We’re looking for someone who can be a visionary but still get into the details to ensure that the IWBI brand and standard of integrity are exquisitely represented on all fronts.
- Community Building:
- Identify best platforms for engagement in each geographic region
- Develop scalable process for driving ongoing feedback around mission progress
- Ascertain key programmatic incentives to ignite action at the local, regional, and national level
- Develop algorithm for right mix of in-person and virtual engagements, and work with marketing to augment via digital and social channels
- Identify internal staff and external community champions for the WELL mission and develop an approach for managing their engagement across a life-cycle of involvement
- Event Leadership:
- Establish and maintain Events standard operating procedure across all events and engagements
- Select and manage internal team and outside consultants and vendors necessary for execution of successful events
- Work with internal clients to understand the objectives and needs of the event, and serve as the event and logistical expert and advisor to those clients
- Create event briefs including research gathering, identifying client objectives, target audience, and design
- Site selection and contract negotiation
- Develop and manage event budgets
- Create necessary onsite and pre-planning documents including the event specifications and run of show
- Oversee coordination of air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, food and beverage at the hotel, attendee registration, event details as necessary
- Supervise all food and beverage ordering so that they meet WELL catering guidelines
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Minimum 10-15 years progressively responsible and successful conference and events experience, including at a leadership level
- Broad experience creating and executing community engagement strategies
- Overall knowledge/experience of all aspects of conference planning
- Demonstrated experience in multiple event coordination
- Experience with sustainability or green initiatives is preferred
- A track record of putting executing creative and innovative events that break the mold
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Benefits include health insurance, generous paid leave, parental leave, childcare subsidies and working in a dog-friendly WELL certified office with a wellness/lactation room and a never-ending supply of snacks.
IWBI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that inspires, respects and supports all individuals. Individuals are selected based solely upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About the International WELL Building Institute™
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellness through better buildings and communities that put people at the center of their design, construction and ongoing operation. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed by harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL™), a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings and communities that impact the health and wellness of the people who live, work, and learn in them. It also supports the growing number of professionals who seek WELL accreditation, as administered by GBCI. www.wellcertified.com