The International WELL Building Institute is looking for a dynamic and high integrity individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating and driving change to join the Standard Development team. The Standard Development team is currently engaged in the development of global wellness rating systems for the built environment based on medical and scientific research. This process involves collaborating with industry professionals and stakeholders in the global construction industry, understanding challenges faced by projects in different regions, and familiarity with relevant health and medical literature.
- Serve as the Concept Lead for the Air and Thermal Comfort Concepts in the WELL Building Standard. These concepts encompass HVAC systems, air quality and thermal comfort in the realm of health and the built environment.
- Engage stakeholders and subject matter experts in the field for continuous development of WELL and help ensure that WELL aligns with the latest industry, scientific and medical research, meets user needs and raises the bar for healthy, high-performing buildings around the world.
- Convene, manage and lead the Air and Thermal Comfort Concept Advisory – a group of health experts and building practitioners brought together to advise on WELL. Involves organizing quarterly conference calls to discuss and solicit technical advice, feedback and guidance on the evolution of WELL.
- Conduct thorough literature or technical reviews on methodologies for improving human health and well-being through building ventilation and air quality management.
- Participate in the interpretation of WELL Building Standard as an air quality and thermal comfort Concept Lead (CL) for diverse project types and in different regions.
- Evaluate technical inquiries from projects in the form of Alternative Adherence Path (AAP) submissions, Equivalency Proposals (EP) and Innovation Proposals.
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences)
- 3+ years professional experience working at a design engineering, architecture, sustainability consulting or other relevant firm
- Knowledge of building systems and basic infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience with sustainable and/or healthy building design process
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline driven team environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity, ability to work under pressure and great interpersonal skills
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Sciences)
- PE or registered architect
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of the LEED and/or WELL certification process
- Experience presenting at conferences, summits and forums
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the International WELL Building Institute™
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed to balancing public benefits with profitability – harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) – a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings that impact the health and wellbeing of the people who live, work, and learn in them. IWBI was established by Delos in 2013 pursuant to a Clinton Global Initiative commitment to improve the way people live by developing spaces that enhance occupant health and quality of life by sharing the WELL Building Standard globally. WELLcertified.com.