The International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) is seeking an experienced and polished Global Events Manager. The person in this role will have the opportunity to execute on IWBI’s global events strategy by leading production on an array of gatherings hosted by IWBI. Events at IWBI range from salons, panels and speaker series with innovative wellness thinkers, award ceremonies, workshops and trainings, and multi-day events with innovative agendas held around the world. The individual in this role will work on events from conception to completion in support of IWBI’s strategic business objectives, beginning with building out comprehensive work plans and timelines for the production of each event, and collaborating with staff across the organization and managing external relationships to ensure seamlessly executed events.
The right person for this role should have an array of contacts and the desire to continue building new relationships in regards to catering, venues, collateral and production houses that fit with IWBI’s core values of health and wellness with an eye for modernity and innovation. This person is a skilled project manager and can juggle multiple tasks at once, has an impeccable eye for detail, can think on their feet and come up with creative solutions for any problem, and is in general committed to creating an unforgettable attendee experience.
- Develop work plans for individual events across a wide array of event formats: Set achievable event production timelines and budgets, define specs; ensure events are delivered completely and on schedule.
- Manage production on multiple events in various geographies/markets at once.
- Create RFPs and conduct vendor/venue research, in addition to having a robust list of industry contacts of his/her own.
- Stay up to date on modern event trends and innovation, bringing best practices in to IWBI’s events.
- Lead project teams of cross-team players and external collaborators to bring events to fruition.
- Work directly with IWBI’s Commercial team to secure sponsors and contribute to event sponsor strategy.
- Manage IWBI’s presence at core annual tradeshows like Greenbuild and Neocon, overseeing full events schedule and booth production.
- Help respond to requests for IWBI’s participation in third-party events and manage IWBI’s global event schedule/calendar, keeping track of associated deliverables and tasks.
- Proactively research and present creative/outside-the-box solutions for moving events forward: this individual is comfortable working independently and providing leadership to multidisciplinary project teams. Confidently lead team members to the finish line.
- Show creative vision and sense of style for creating memorable and detail-oriented events.
- Attend events, oversee and manage on-site logistics, and ensure they are carried through successfully.
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Minimum five to seven years of experience working in marketing and design project management in either an agency or in-house capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event design and management, or related discipline (or unrelated discipline – diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds welcomed).
- Proven experience managing many different event types and formats.
- Passionate changemaker and advocate with a strong personal/professional interest in health, wellness
- Innovative events and experiential thinker who loves to stay on top of industry trends and tools, and leverage them at work.
- Confident and articulate communicator who can lead a project team and oversee individuals; comfortable working across organizational departments, with senior leadership, major companies, corporate partners, and external agencies/designers.
- Ability to handle last-minute changes and carry through events with an air of calmness.
- Detail and deadline-oriented; creative problem solver.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the International WELL Building Institute®
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is leading the global movement to transform our buildings and communities in ways that help people thrive.
IWBI delivers the cutting-edge WELL Building Standard™, the leading global rating system and the first to be focused exclusively on the ways that buildings, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices, and generally enhance, not compromise, our health and wellness.
IWBI convenes and mobilizes the global wellness real estate community through management of the WELL AP™ credential, the pursuit of applicable research, the development of educational resources, and advocacy for policies that promote health and wellness everywhere. WELLcertified.com