The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is looking for an individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating and driving change. The analyst position will report to the Vice President on the Market Solutions team and be responsible for providing technical support for individual projects in a WELL coaching capacity, industry professionals and the larger community who are seeking to integrate principles of the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) into their projects.
The Market Solutions team is a group of highly proficient experts in the WELL Certification process and feature requirements, as well as strategies for integrating health and wellness solutions into built environment projects more broadly. This team provides coaching support to registered WELL projects, helping customers: navigate the certification process, derive the greatest benefits possible from the program, develop solutions for challenges, and inspire best practices in the implementation of WELL. Although part of Market Solutions team, the individual will have considerable communication/collaboration with the Standard Development and Market Development teams at IWBI, as well as with the GBCI teams.
- Encourage successful WELL project certifications and registrations by:
- Supporting project teams and WELL APs through WELL coaching by delivering technical troubleshooting and strategizing solutions toward WELL Certification
- Answering technical and project-specific questions about WELL from project teams prior to registration
- Support the continuous development of technical resources by:
- Participating in technical resource development to aid projects toward successful WELL Certification
- Communicating industry feedback to the Standard Development team for development of the WELL Building Standard and the WELL Community Standard
- Support the WELL Accredited Professional program by:
- Providing resources to regional practitioner groups
- Enabling the WELL AP community by providing relevant WELL updates and supporting external WELL consultants
- Foster support for and greater awareness of healthy built environment practices by:
- Writing articles and helping to support webcasts, trainings, and other educational content for IWBI’s broad audience
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Sciences or Policy, Urban Planning)
- An understanding of the design, construction and operational phases of real estate development projects
- WELL Accredited Professional; required within 6 months
- Demonstrated experience with sustainable building design process
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, and confident
- Proficiency in English
- Willingness to grow into a role that engages, educates and enchants a diverse set of external customer stakeholder groups including project teams and design/ construction/ real estate professionals
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Resourceful and able to work independently on a number of projects with little oversight
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Sciences)
- 2+ years professional experience working at a design engineering/ architecture, sustainability consulting or other relevant firm
- WELL Faculty; required within 12 months
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, Italian and/or Mandarin
- Proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office and Google Applications
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
Location: New York, NY, United States; will consider hires for our teams based in Europe and Australia.
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must have valid and current work authorization in the United States to be considered.
About the WELL Building Standard™
The WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of the built environment that impact the health and wellness of the people who live, work, and learn in buildings and communities around the globe. The WELL Building Standard focuses on seven categories of building performance: air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort, and mind and is grounded in evidence-based research that demonstrates the connection between the buildings where people spend approximately 90 percent of their time and those buildings' health and wellness impacts on those who use them. The WELL Community Standard divides comfort into thermal and acoustics, and adds materials and community to these categories as it begins to take into account the interconnectivity between buildings and their surroundings and the overall impact on human health. The WELL Building Standard and the WELL Community Standard are administered by the International WELL Building Institute™ and third- party certified by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). www.wellcertified.com
About the International WELL Building Institute™
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellness through better buildings and communities that put people at the center of their design, construction and ongoing operation. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed by harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL™) and the WELL Community Standard, performance-based systems for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings and communities that impact the health and wellness of the people who live, work, and learn in them. It also supports the growing number of professionals who seek WELL accreditation, as administered by GBCI. www.wellcertified.com