The International WELL Building Institute is looking for a dynamic and high integrity individual with a strong interest in health and wellness in the built environment and a passion for collaborating and driving change to join the Standard Development team. The Standard Development team is currently engaged in the development of global wellness rating systems for the built environment based on medical and scientific research. This process involves collaborating with industry professionals and stakeholders in the global construction industry, understanding challenges faced by projects in different regions, and familiarity with relevant health and medical literature.
- Serve as the Concept Lead for the Materials Concept.
- Conduct thorough literature or technical reviews on methodologies for improving human health and well-being through responsible material selection and management.
- Evaluate technical inquiries from projects of diverse types in different regions for Materials-related features.
- Participate in the interpretation of the WELL Building Standard in the form of Alternative Adherence Path (AAP) submissions, Equivalency Proposals (EP) and Innovation Proposals.
- Compare codes, standards and labels in different regions and understand their application to meet material-related features.
- Engage stakeholders and subject matter experts in the field for continuous development of WELL and help ensure that WELL aligns with the latest industry, scientific and medical research, meets user needs and raises the bar for healthy, high-performing buildings around the world.
- Manage and lead the Materials Advisory – a group of health experts and building practitioners brought together to advise on WELL. Involves organizing quarterly conference calls to discuss and solicit technical advice, feedback and guidance on the evolution of WELL.
Candidate Profile & Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Toxicology, Architecture)
- 2+ years professional experience working at a design engineering, architecture, sustainability consulting or other relevant firm
- Demonstrated experience with sustainable and/or healthy building design process
- Working knowledge of material and ingredient reporting structures for products used in buildings, such as MSDS and Health Product Declaration.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline driven team environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity, ability to work under pressure and great interpersonal skills
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters or Ph.D degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of the LEED and/or WELL certification process
- Familiarity with product testing and evaluation methods of material content
- LEED AP, WELL AP, or similar credential
- Experience presenting at conferences, summits, and forums
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the International WELL Building Institute™
The International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed to balancing public benefits with profitability – harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL) – a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings that impact the health and wellbeing of the people who live, work, and learn in them. IWBI was established by Delos in 2013 pursuant to a Clinton Global Initiative commitment to improve the way people live by developing spaces that enhance occupant health and quality of life by sharing the WELL Building Standard globally. WELLcertified.com.