At IWBI, we design and deliver products and services that improve human health and wellbeing through the buildings and communities
We are quickly growing and are seeking a Graphic design intern to help us refine our visual experience. We have the great challenge and opportunity to make the design forward, relevant, accessible, and interesting.The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented digital and print designer to help establish the IWBI brand across our website and other touchpoints. This person will collaborate closely with our creative, marketing, tech, and leadership to grow the IWBI brand.
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interactive design, typography and hierarchy.
- Work alongside the Senior Designer to develop concepts and visual designs for traditional campaigns, print materials, event collateral, company website, mobile apps, email marketing, digital advertising, social media, and presentations
- Bring fresh ideas and solutions to the table that inspire every level of our media strategies
- Continually stay abreast of best practices, trends and new innovations in design and content generation and development
- Closely collaborate with creative team to craft compelling stories through copy, video, animation, illustration and photography, know when and how they can best be utilized.
- Address both product and business goals by creating user-centric design solutions in collaboration. You should be open to sharing and receiving thoughtful feedback from the creative team as well as the company wide.
- IWBI is looking for an undergraduate student in the New York area who is majoring in Graphic Design, Art, Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- Strong visual sense with ability to execute in the Adobe suite (Primarily Photoshop InDesign, Illustrator) and PowerPoint. Animation skills are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow
- Must be team-oriented, responsive, and comfortable collaborating
- An office located in the heart of Flatiron
- Paid internship (rate commensurate with experience)
- Kitchen with snacks & catered lunches once a week
- Gain valuable knowledge working directly with senior level team members
- Develop and build upon design and strategic skills with a practical work experience
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The International WELL Building InstituteTM (IWBI) is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment. Public benefit corporations like IWBI are an emerging U.S. structure for corporations committed to balancing public benefits with profitability – harnessing the power of private capital for greater good. IWBI administers the WELL Building StandardTM (WELL) – a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of buildings that impact the health and wellbeing of the people who live, work, and learn in them. Fulfilling the vision of IWBI Founder Paul Scialla, IWBI has a pioneering altruistic capitalism model that will address social responsibility and demonstrate a sustainable model for philanthropy. IWBI has committed to direct 51 percent of net profits received from WELL Certification project fees toward charitable contributions and impact investment focused on health, wellness, and the built environment. IWBI was established by Delos in 2013 pursuant to a Clinton Global Initiative commitment to improve the way people live by developing spaces that enhance occupant health and quality of life by sharing the WELL Building Standard globally.