IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 80 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for a highly motivated, personable and organized PR Coordinator who is passionate about establishing and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of media outlets.
This individual should help the communications team nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an outstanding corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.The ideal candidate excels at forming lasting relationships with a wide variety of people, and thrives in outreach and pitching.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Liaising with, and answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Work with senior leadership to execute program tactics – writing, partnership development and influencer engagement
- Create and nurture strategic partnerships with industry insiders and thought leaders that would be mutually beneficial
- 1-3 years of PR experience is a must
- Experience with a start-up is preferred
- Display a true passion for media relations; demonstrate a network of traditional and online media contacts
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Social Media/PR internship experience a plus
- Proficiency with MS Word, Google Drive, and Excel
- Motivated and hardworking, interested in start-up culture
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - if you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask