IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
IVY is looking for an Entrepreneurship Programming Manager with 5+ years experience to securing high-level speakers for individual speaking engagements, involvement in panels or conferences, as well as booking speaker/personalities to host events or dinners. Speakers will be working in a variety of industries including successful entrepreneurs & investors, authors, etc. The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. Ideally, the candidate has organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment. This is the opportunity to build a broad curriculum in entrepreneurship featuring leaders in the field with an audience of engaged young professionals.
- Lead IVY relationships with startup companies and entrepreneurs across all IVY markets
- Lead the programming and production and execution of events and dinners
- Serve as IVY’s public-facing expert in entrepreneurship, and represent the company at external events.
- Balance a diverse calendar through conscious scheduling of core events while being aware of conflicting dates and events, both internally and externally in NYC
- Maintain a strict budget and work to develop lasting relationships and partnerships with any and all vendors to achieve revenue goals
- Oversee all audio and video content related to an event, in collaboration with on-premises external vendor team.
- 5+ years of professional entrepreneurial experience and team management experience
- Deep and diverse understanding of startup companies, startup ecosystems, and entrepreneurship
- Must be scrappy and able to leverage assets of the company
- Leadership experience in the field is preferred
- Must have strong attention to detail and able to move quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent project management experience and strong communication skills, possessing the ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines and work across many departments
- Outgoing personality, ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds including government and academic institutions
- Must be able to be a member liaison and resource in the area of entrepreneurship
- Consistently calm, clear-headed leadership in high-pressure situations and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and people
- Proficiency with basic computer applications including Google Docs, MS Office Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)