IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated events coordinator who can help us execute our diverse range of premier social events, including large cocktail parties, art gallery receptions, group dinners, film screenings and speaker series.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
- Create and execute strategies to thoughtfully engage member participation in IVY Getaways
- Manage trip lists and logistics for all IVY Getaways
- Help us build this budding brand by ensuring seamless pre- and post-event communications, including invitations, confirmations, and thank you notes.
- Solicit feedback
- Work with the Senior Director of Programming & Events to provide the best IVY Getaway experience possible and to elevate member participation
The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated and well-developed skills in the following areas:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent judgment
- High level of confidentiality
- Effective verbal/written communication
- Terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude
- Exceptional people skills
- Understanding of fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Strong collaborator
- Highly organized
- Superb written and strong oral communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Located in NYC