IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated events coordinator who can help us execute our diverse range of premier social events, including large cocktail parties, art gallery receptions, group dinners, film screenings and speaker series.
The ideal candidate is organized, enthusiastic, and able to see opportunities in obstacles. The candidate has also organized events in the past (informal and formal), is motivated by building a community of the most inspiring people and thrives in a fast growing startup environment.
Event Planning & Execution
- Research appropriate venues for Cocktail parties, Lectures, Talks, Art Gallery Receptions, Film Screenings, Supper Clubs, etc.
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Source, secure, and manage necessary staffing including: Hostesses, Security, Photographer, DJ, Vendors, etc.
- Assist with menu and drink customization for events
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
- 2+ years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
- Demonstrated experience with startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- Effective organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated and hard-working
- Love of learning and pride in resourcefulness - If you don't know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
- A bachelor’s degree is required