IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright, multi-tasking and self-motivated Operations Administrator to directly support IVY TEAM. This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with C-level Executives. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action when necessary.
As IVY's Operations Administrator you will be wearing many hats, working cross-functionally to create a productive, healthy, and fun work environment. We’re looking for a jack-of-all trades to take on the responsibilities below:
- Gatekeeper: manage facilities, including maintenance, repair, cleaning services, access, and security
- Event planner: organize and support office activities including lunch ‘n' learn sessions, monthly meetings, happy hours and celebratory occasions
- Foodie: ordering catering, refreshments, and snacks for the entire team (and maybe even measure consumption metrics to see what people really love)
- Shopper: manage inventory of office supplies and equipment (and comfortable saying no to people who want to buy a pet rhino for the office)
- Mail manager: oversee shipping & handling of incoming and outgoing mail, shipments, and deliveries
- Travel and expense agent: manage travel and expense platforms for internal employees and external visitors
- 2+ years prior administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills (color coders are welcome!)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Located in NYC