IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we’ve built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders’ experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones’ social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
We are looking for a highly motivated, personable and organized recent college graduate who is passionate about establishing and maintaining strong communities. The ideal candidate excels at forming lasting relationships with a wide variety of people, and thrives in social settings. We are looking for someone who can lead targeted outreach efforts, form strategic partnerships, and engage members on a one-on-one basis.
- Create and execute strategies to thoughtfully grow the community
- Scout high potential new members, both in person and online
- Establish partnerships with affinity groups
- Assist the Membership Committee in the application process
- Review online registrations
- Conduct membership interviews by phone
- Cultivate deep relationships with members through the use of email, phone, and in-person meetings
- Solicit feedback
- Learn about personal and professional aspirations
- Make relevant introductions when possible
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- Facilitate introductions between members, both proactively and by request
Member Experience & Events
- Manage member and guest experience for multiple events per week
- Help coordinate all pre- and post-event communications, including invitations, confirmations, and thank you notes
- Manage and track event guest lists, providing analytics to relevant teams
- Professional experience in community management, customer service, or event management preferred.
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills
- Exceptional people skills and high level of empathy
- Well-rounded and able to talk about a wide range of topics with ease
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Interest in startups and/or consumer-facing web products preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is required