As an Android Developer at Iversoft, you are at the centre of the products we create. You take research, design and documentation – and turn them into beautiful, functional, and practical mobile applications.
We work with both iOS and Android mobile projects - from smartphone to tablet, to large format touchscreens. Our clients range from not-for-profit, to health care, entertainment and more, so you will always have exciting and challenging projects to be a part of.
- Write great code that conforms with best practices on the Android platform
- Work collaboratively or individually within the development team to deliver custom app projects
- Deliver coding expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle from concept to deployment
- Keep knowledge current through online learning and events
- Develop with user experience in mind, always seeking to improve the product
- Estimate timelines for work, and work with those estimates in mind
- Communicate status, concerns, and technical issues within the team
Collaborate with other team members, including Android, iOS, and web developers, QA, design, and project management
- 3+ years experience working with Java and/or Kotlin for Android development
- Experience working with a variety of third-party Android API’s & SDK’s
- Experience working with Gradle and Android Studio
- Experience with Git source control and JIRA
- Experience connecting with web services/APIs to interact between mobile apps and cloud-based content
- Great english communication skills – both within your team and externally with clients (written and spoken)
- Experience breaking down development tasks, estimating effort, and working within those estimates
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Experience with other mobile tech stacks (Swift, Unity, Flutter, or ReactNative)
- Project lead experience, including estimating timelines and determining acceptance criteria
- Experience or knowledge of common Android design patterns including MVVM
- Experience working in an agency setting
Differences are meant to be celebrated. That is why Iversoft is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Our hiring is designed to be an empathy-forward process that is inclusive of all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, nation of origin, neurodivergence, physical or mental disabilities, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected under Canadian Legislation and the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC).It is our steadfast commitment to inclusion and diversity that drives us in our culture of success, opportunity, empathy and growth.