Who We Are
Founded in 2018 by leaders across traditional and alternative finance, iTrustCapital is a digital asset investment platform that allows clients to buy and sell cryptocurrencies real-time, 24/7, through their retirement accounts.
We are an award-winning company and one of the largest crypto IRA platforms in the world, with over $4.5B in transactions. We strive to provide the best technology and experience possible for our clients who invest in cryptocurrencies using their tax-advantaged retirement accounts.
We believe one of the most important parts of an organization is the internal culture. We are a closely-knit team of innovators and game changers collaborating to make a positive impact through our technology. Together we celebrate our wins, learn from our experiences, and our employees feel like they are part of a fintech family.
What We Want
As Product Counsel, you will work closely with our legal team and collaborate with business partners across the organization to provide practical legal advice and support across all business lines. You will serve as a consumer-facing product expert. As an integral part of our agile legal team, you will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in crypto today. You will collaborate with the broader iTrust team as we develop, market, and enter into exciting partnerships for our products and services.
And most importantly, you thrive on building something new.
What You'll Do
- Provide timely, concise and business-focused legal advice to business teams working on self-directed retirement and cryptocurrency products.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review agreements with various partners.
- Provide ideas, solutions and insights on compliant new products that create meaningfully impact our customers.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and advertising laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the business.
- Advise on and help implement crypto-related business initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- A J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing as well as 5+ years of combined law firm, government and/or in-house experience.
- Familiarity and experience with the crypto, digital asset, banking or financial-technology (“fin-tech”) industry and related legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations related to the participants in the crypto ecosystem.
- Extensive knowledge of the crypto ecosystem and consumer-facing products related to crypto investment in retirement accounts and otherwise.
- The ability to provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal advice on applicable federal and state laws.
- Familiarity with, and have a strong interest in emerging crypto technology, and the crypto, custody and wealth industry more generally.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office, Teams and Google applications, Asana experience is a plus.
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Been able to develop positive relationships with internal partners (including senior company executives) and external stakeholders.
We’re a small-sized team that’s growing fast, so everyone who joins iTrustCapital has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, flexible work schedules and more.
California Residents, please review our [California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice] for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
iTrust will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.