While our office is located in Seattle, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider fully Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Do you enjoy a healthy team environment that supports continuous learning and iterative development? We love cognitive diversity because it helps us deliver ideal outcomes for customers. One of the primary reasons we harmonize and trust one another is because we’re aligned on a positive, growth-mindset.
If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you.
As a Principal Software Engineer at iStreamPlanet, you will be a subject matter expert providing engineering direction and guidance to senior management and cross-functional product teams. You will have the opportunity to work on significant and unique issues that impact design, selling success, and/or address future concepts, products, or technologies while focusing on short and long term goals in alignment with iStreamPlanet’s strategic roadmap. We are looking for a strong Engineer to provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
- Develop and maintain new features end-to-end across an entire product including inception, design, implementation, and delivery to the customer.
- Partner with Product Owners, Program Managers and business stakeholders to create technical solutions for customer requirements and evaluate feasibility from both a technical and cost perspective.
- Oversee major product architectural decisions and design and implement fault-tolerant, high availability, low latency storage solutions.
- Build loosely-coupled, RESTful services with a bias for simple, elegant solutions.
- Design services and create APIs from scratch based on vetted customer requirements.
- Select and integrate Open Source solutions, programming languages, storage technologies, and third party hosted solutions.
- Perform dev-ops to drive continuous improvement with operational metrics and maintain low, live-site overhead.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
- Lead small teams in the implementation of customer and system solutions.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Nurture and maintain a culture of peer accountability where the customer, compassion and team development are the focus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant distributed systems experience.
- We primarily code in Golang, but no experience necessary. If you’re strong in one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. C/C++/C#/Java/TypeScript/Python), we will coach.
- Experience and desire to mentor others.
- Proven experience with multiple compilers and operating systems.
- Experience with industry-standard database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Cloudata or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc.).
- Experience deploying in distributed cloud environments.
- Proven ability to own the development of features from concept to launch.
- Embraces a growth-mindset by continually learning and appropriately applying new techniques, approaches, or technology.
- Flexible work hours and work from home options.
- Accessible and transparent leadership team.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous parental leave.
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match.
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
WHO WE ARE
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one-stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.